Thank you for the open practices, U of M and Coach Kill

cncmin

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Coach Kill and the U for opening up practices to the public last week. I just happened to be in town (via Pittsburgh) for a long weekend, took my wife, brother, and nephew to campus for a walking tour, and stopped by the practice facility to see the Gophers while we were there. While the team was over 20 minutes late on taking the field and we had to leave early, it was still a good experience for all, including my nephew, who complained about all the walking and waiting, but once the players and coaches showed up, he was excited to stay and watch.

The U was gracious in the access they gave us; very well done, allowing the fans to roam the sidelines during practice. The turnout, at least Friday afternoon, wasn't outstanding, but perhaps not enough people were familiar with the access that the fans actually had to the team.

I also had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful Gopher fan with initials J S-M. I get the feeling I "know" JSM from here, though I never did ask to be sure. Would have loved to have been able to attend Saturday's scrimmage, but family-visiting weekends are always all too short. Thanks to all for a great experience; I hope Coach Kill and the U continue this tradition. I think this is a great way to increase and/or cement fanbases. Kill and the U are currently doing the right things for Gopher football.

I second this. I was able to make two practices and last Saturday's scrimmage. The opportunity to attend has given me much better insight into the program. We have some fine young people (players, trainers, managers) and a coaching staff that is bringing discipline and accountability. It's very much appreciated.

I'm feeling sheepish...why didn't I think of this post? I did my part though when one of the punters/kickers kicked a ball over the wall and went and got it though to save a few bucks.

Yes, thanks for inviting all of us to be a part of this growing process with the team. Realize it is tough etc., with work. But hey, opportunites for those able to make it. For the session that I was able to make it, I had a great time watching the players work hard. Its one thing to be given a scholarship, but another thing to keep working hard to be justisfied getting a scholarship.

Hopefully next spring/fall I can participate again. Thanks!

Glad you had a good time!!!

Ski U Mah!!

I'll second all of this. My 6-year old and I went to a practice and the scrimmage. It's fun to see the work that goes on before the games.

Didn't make any of the Fall practices this year...but made 2 Spring ones plus the "game"...including the "snow globe" Friday night under the lights.

Although the Fall schedule did not work for me this year, I do believe if you can get to them it's well worth it.

Go Gophers! In Kill We Trust!

Send him an email or a card.

Don't forget to sign it and don't use an intern to do it! My wife thought Kill's was printed by a machine and smudged it when she tried to prove that it was.

Top Bottom