Thamel: Gophers hire new Special Teams Coordinator.

He seems highly qualified.

Looks good on paper. Excited to see how his coaching improves the team & players.

Glad to see he has done this a fair amount.

Outside of kicking I feel like all we need in special teams now is someone competent to settle that part of the game down...

"Prior to his time at BGSU, he spent the 2016-2020 seasons on the Illinois staff as the Special Teams Coordinator for all five seasons and also coached tight ends in 2016-17. "

That's how you're supposed to spell a name that ends in "shesky". Not that jumbled word salad that the combover who used to coach down in Durham puts out there.

Lots of experience, almost all in special teams.

The Ligasheski Fun Time, let’s go!! Obviously a ton of experience at the highest levels of football, definitely an upgrade in experience

Can we get a peek at Hoskins now?

Good hire on paper

Downsides:
He has been coaching since 1985 and has only stayed at the same stop 4+ years once
He was out coached by the guy everyone hates in the 2022 pinstripe bowl (in my opinion)

Good hire on paper

Downsides:
He has been coaching since 1985 and has only stayed at the same stop 4+ years once
He was out coached by the guy everyone hates in the 2022 pinstripe bowl (in my opinion)
Outcoached or their punter sucked.

Outcoached or their punter sucked.
I was more talking about gophers return game that day.
Executed a fake reverse kick return for 72 yards that basically sealed the game

But yes they did out punt them as well

How would I know... but looks great on paper.

as noted, his coaching path intersected with Fleck.

I know that some coaching hires have no prior connection, but it does seem as if Fleck very much prefers to hire people whom he knows or has worked with before in some capacity. (which admittedly could be said about many coaches)

that might give us a clue on the DC hire. it probably is not going to be some "out of the blue" person. now that Special Teams is done, I would think that the DC hire will be announced within the next two weeks.

Top Bottom