Texas Tech head basketball coach suspended for racially insensitive remarks.

Ole Bobby with the thread hijack and handing out a straw man to everyone. A tale about as old as the bible itself.
(A) The entire point of this thread is discussing the Texas Tech coach and that situation. I did not hijack anything. I get that I made points that you're not intellectually capable of pushing back on, but that doesn't mean it was hijacked. The entire purpose this entire thread (read the title dip sh!t), is about a coach getting fired for racist remarks.

(B) You either have no idea what a "strawman" is or you are just repeating a term you heard someone else say to not get into the deep end of the argument. My argument could not be more on point (whether you agree or disagree). If you could not follow, let me break it down for you.
  • The coach was punished (now fired) for making "racially insensitive" towards African Americans comments because of a mention of slavery.
  • My point was that a mention of slavery from a book written a thousand years before transatlantic slave trade is not racially insensitive towards African Americans.
Agree or disagree with my point, it's not a strawman.

Just so you don't embarrass yourself by continuing to use terms you don't understand, a strawman would be me arguing against a point that you never made. For instance, if I would have replied to this thread and said "you're acting like this is the worst thing ever said" or "so you are saying that no one who ever made a mistake should be able to be a coach". You see, those are strawmen because no one really made those arguments. My argument is not a strawman because the entire point of the thread (and several people in the thread) have made the argument that the quote from the bible was racially insensitive. Now, that doesn't mean you have to agree with my point - you clearly don't because you want to deflect and call it a strawman. But no one, unless they categorically had no idea what that term meant, could even squint and call my argument a strawman.

Bottom line, in this social climate, don't be stupid enough to reference slaves, on any level, to a majority group of black men.

Top Bottom