Texas Staying In Big 12

Duluthguy

Reaction score
For what it's worth, despite ESPN saying that the move to the PAC 10 is nearly a done deal, the Texas Rivals site is saying that in a "bombshell" decision Texas has decided not to move aferall. Texas is said to use the Texas Rivals site as basically a branch of their PR department, so there's a good chance this is true.

Wow. I guess Texas has some kind of plan to save the Big XII. Is there going to be some sort of SWC reunion?

This makes perfect sense to me.

In 2010 they have 12 schools and a conference championship. In 2011, they already have to play in a 10-school Big XII. They have plenty of time to make a decision if they want to dis-band or try to add some combination of Arkansas, Utah, BYU, TCU, SMU or Houston for 2012 or 2013.

Or it is just a ploy by Texas to have another school to "blame" for the demise of the Big12.

Texas can say, "we did what we could to save the conference, but in the end, we were just bullied by Colorado, Nebraska and A&M----we were forced to the Pac10."

I have a hunch that ESPN knows that all those schools will go to the Pac10, because they know that A&M will go to the SEC. ESPN is actually not going to sling the Longhorns' manure for once. But the Texas rivals site is about as fair and balanced as FoxNews.

Wow. I guess Texas has some kind of plan to save the Big XII. Is there going to be some sort of SWC reunion?

The move would not surprize me at all. Remember, it is Texas who sits on top of the heap in the division anyway and gets the most special accommodations which pissed off Nebraska. Apparently the others are willing ton put up with it. What King do you know wants his castle destroyed so he can move in with someone else. Yes, it is definitely better for them to keep the Big 12/10 together and even try to get A & M to stay. Maybe the PAC 10 will go after Utah next.

Chip Brown is a puppet. He's been 100% accurate with everything. So I guess I believe him.

So if this happens and the conference alignment dance is over, what does the Pac 10 think about CU? Adding 1 screws up the scheduling (as we all know) and I can't imagine that CU adds enough to justify it.

So if this happens and the conference alignment dance is over, what does the Pac 10 think about CU? Adding 1 screws up the scheduling (as we all know) and I can't imagine that CU adds enough to justify it.

They can add Utah and Boise takes their place in the Mountain West.

Seems like the Buffs to the Pac-10 is a done deal. If they don't end up being able to coerce any more Big 12 schools to head their way, I'd imagine they'll grab Utah in the interest of starting a conference championship game. Given how good they've been in both football and basketball, not to mention their following in Salt Lake City, Utah is ripe for plucking by either the Pac 10 or even the Big 12 itself, if it somehow manages to survive.

Yup, CU is a done deal. assuming that they add Utah, do those schools add enough $ to justify it? How does the Pac 10 handle revenues?

For what it's worth, despite ESPN saying that the move to the PAC 10 is nearly a done deal, the Texas Rivals site is saying that in a "bombshell" decision Texas has decided not to move aferall. Texas is said to use the Texas Rivals site as basically a branch of their PR department, so there's a good chance this is true.

This seems unlikely but there is a scenario where this is possible. Texas has been agitating to have its own network. Texas may have had early indications that the Pac-Ten would be receptive to Texas creating its own network. However, the Pac-Ten is the least financially solvent of the 4 major conferences (I say 4 because one can hardly count the Big East or ACC as major conferences).

The Pac-Ten´s commissioner probably realized it would make no sense to add Texas unless Texas was willing to submit to a Pac-Ten network. We all know Texas doesn´t like to share. With Nebraska out of the Big 12, Beebe is desperate enough to offer the Longhorns anything they want to keep the band together.

Only way Big 12 survives is with the advent of an all Texas network. This is a long shot still, but if it were to happen I bet the Big 12 would add TCU and someone else to retain a conference title game.

Or it is just a ploy by Texas to have another school to "blame" for the demise of the Big12.

Texas can say, "we did what we could to save the conference, but in the end, we were just bullied by Colorado, Nebraska and A&M----we were forced to the Pac10."

I have a hunch that ESPN knows that all those schools will go to the Pac10, because they know that A&M will go to the SEC. ESPN is actually not going to sling the Longhorns' manure for once. But the Texas rivals site is about as fair and balanced as FoxNews.

See my avatar.

So UT managed to leverage a their own network (which wasn't in the offing in the PAC) and a Big Twelve network thus ending up even more ridiculously rich whilst being able to shunt blame on the the defecting schools and their destined conferences (also accomplishing the ancillary goal getting rid of the championship game Mack Brown opposes)?! This combines nicely with their donning of the savior title and being crowned supreme overlord now that the rest of the conference is enfeoffed to them for EIGHTEEN years.

Want to know how the 'Big I + IX' nine shall be run?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xjGgiDloRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xjGgiDloRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It should be noted that just because they use a site for PR purposes doesn't mean that it is true. Propaganda is one form of PR. It is of course possible that Texas is staying with the Big 12 indefinately. But they may also showing a willingness to stay in the Big 12 only long enough to get a better deal from a new conference. If they are highly willing to leave, then the deal might not be as sweet.

Top Bottom