Texas OL Nelson McGuire commits to the Gophers (UPDATE: Nelson de-commits 2 weeks later)

Nice. He's new to football and his position. "With upside" is a worn out phrase but true with him.

I see he has upcoming visits scheduled for K-State and Texas Tech. It will be interesting to see if he cancels those.
1717982378225.png

Cash in, cash out, cash in, cash out
Cash in, cash out, cash in, cash out
Cash out, cash out, cash out, cash out

Nothing is official until they sign the Letter of Intent. and that is only for one year.

If I had to bet right now, I'd say that at least two more players from this group de-commit before National Signing Day because they get offered more money to go somewhere else.

and you know what, I don't blame the players. they are all free agents and until they sign a contract, other teams will be making offers. if you get out-bid, you get out-bid. It takes a very strong will at that age to turn down significant money, especially if your family is not wealthy.

--added thought. the sooner you get commitments, the longer you have to 'protect' those commitments. that is a drawback to Fleck's "get 'em early" approach. those names get put out and other schools may decide they want to try and poach someone.

It’s tough to get excited about out of state commits at this point. They are way more likely to decommit or transfer after only a year or two.

Must have been some good dollar figures flowing.

But he'll always love us. I can accept changing your mind or waiting for more cash, but spare me the bullshit of being grateful or always having a special place in your heart. F' him.
Couldn’t agree more.

But he'll always love us. I can accept changing your mind or waiting for more cash, but spare me the bullshit of being grateful or always having a special place in your heart. F' him.
I mean, it can be true. Kissayi decommitmented for Clemson, went through spring ball and realized minnesota was the proper fit and transferred back.

These kids are getting pulled in a million directions. Before people say don't commit if you're not ready, that ship has long sailed

I mean, it can be true. Kissayi decommitmented for Clemson, went through spring ball and realized minnesota was the proper fit and transferred back.

These kids are getting pulled in a million directions. Before people say don't commit if you're not ready, that ship has long sailed
The kids are no different than the coaches. Kissayi is the perfect example. In the current environment no one wants to burn any bridges since the kid that rejected you today could be the same kid knocking on your door at the end of the season saying they are entering the portal.

Top Bottom