Texas and A&M invited

I still think the biggest question mark that I have not seen addressed in the media and have not seen a single comment on this from Stanford is the simple fact that the Pac 10 requires a consensus vote to add any school to the conference...any school votes no and it can't happen. So will Stanford agree to dilute the academics of the conference for money??? Baylor, Tech, Oklahoma & Colorado to get Tx and A & M...man that is an academic mess and brings the the Pac 10 down a notch...might as well say SEC West...

Supposedly all the schools gave the Pac-10 commish blanket power to expand at the Pac-10 meetings. Not sure what kind of additional approvals are part of that or if it is a pre-approval/blank check for expansion kind of thing.

Big 10 wouldn't invite Tech, for academic reasons. Supposedly, there was some rumbling about Nebraska, but it was felt they weren't that far from Big 10 standards. Tech is.

Nebraska is an AAU school and all it needs is something like the CIC to up it's profile.

I for one really don't want to see Texas in this league. The whiff of SWC-esque chicanery still clings to them, and I wouldn't trust them past the span of one of their inbred steers. Further they are going to be just as pushy, obnoxious and down right poisonous as they were in the Big XII. We already have tOSU's and Michigan's egos to contend with. Let us try hard to sway the Irish, and perhaps an eastern school. I know there is a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# ton of money for grabs down in Texas, but they are just too Texan and would in an instant drive out a good deal of the tradition of the Big Ten. I know the cash will talk in the end, but god help me if we take Texas!

Top Bottom