Texas A&M starts national marketing blitz for Johnny Manziel after Heisman win

I'm not sure he was the best player in College Football, but he was the most exciting. I had questions myself about A&M and the SEC, but boy did they come through. They will go down as the one team to beat the 3 time defending national champs once it is all said and done.

With all respect to Kill, I know many here were throwing around Kevin Sumlin as a possible candidate 2 years ago. Could he have been better than Kill here given our talent/situation? Tough to say, but in year 1 winning that many games with a road win vs Alabama is pretty darn impressive I'd say..

I know Gray was injured and Johnny Manziel is a better raw talent (and a little older than Nelson) but I'd be interested to see what he could have done with our offense this year.

Congratulations to JM, though.

With all respect to Kill, I know many here were throwing around Kevin Sumlin as a possible candidate 2 years ago. Could he have been better than Kill here given our talent/situation? Tough to say, but in year 1 winning that many games with a road win vs Alabama is pretty darn impressive I'd say..

I know Gray was injured and Johnny Manziel is a better raw talent (and a little older than Nelson) but I'd be interested to see what he could have done with our offense this year.

Congratulations to JM, though.

Sumlin would have been a phenomenal hire but I would bet he was too expensive for the U as they went pretty cheap in hiring Kill. Sumlin got 2 million a year in the SEC which is low for that conference but significantly more than he would have made had he come here (Kill gets 1.2mil). On top of that he gets to stay in the recruiting hotbed of Texas which will make it far easier for him to find the needed talent to run his type of offense.

I am sure we were interested in him, I highly doubt he was all that interested in us.

Congrats to Aggie11 and all Aggies. It is way cool that Johnny Hesiman won it! Gig 'em!

Winning the Hesiman probably does more for your program than winning a national championship. People are probably more likely to remember a Hesiman Trophy winner than which team won the national championship in a given year. I think this especially true as time goes on. I suffer from CRS (can't remember sh!t) and after a couple of years I'm hard press to tell you who won the national championship in any given year. However, I surprise myself by being able to recall many former Hesiman winners going back to the 70's when I was still just a kid.

You're supposed to do the marketing blitz BEFORE the Heisman presentation.

Question for you GopherRock: Are you gonna do a marketing blitz on your invention before you have invented it?

I have yet to see anything like that on any and all of the Infomercials we see on the boob tubel.

Manziel was a Freshman so A&M didn't have any reason to believe he had a chance at a Heisman until after the Alabama game. Doubtful that the wanted to crank it up for a Freshman period. However now that he HAS the thing.....:)

Top Bottom