Texas A&M set to part ways with Jimbo Fisher “as early as today,” Would be owed $70-80MM

How about we trade coaching staffs with them and see how it goes?

Given the current situation, the U's connection to Fisher, the West coast additions coming next year, and Fleck's $7 million buyout, how as AD do you not go hard after Jimbo?

Because he had unlimited resources and stunk at A&M. But you continue to love the idea of hiring failed retreads who keep failing.

He is a guy that has a known higher upside than fleck
Yep. Recruiting jumps dramatically. Top 20 for sure. I figured Fleck has next year to right the ship, but this is an opportunity pretty hard to pass up pursuing.

Go Gophers!!

I'm trying to remember the NIL story with Texas A&M. I want to say they had a sugar rush.

He had all of the money, bought a roster, and couldn't do it. The mercenary and entitlement mindset that NIL creates/is creating will wreak havoc on programs because there're no checks or balances.

Yep. Recruiting jumps dramatically. Top 20 for sure. I figured Fleck has next year to right the ship, but this is an opportunity pretty hard to pass up pursuing.

Jimbo can’t recruit well enough to keep his job with players getting whatever they want in NIL and you think he’s going to bring in top 20 classes with little NIL here?

Delusionally stupid, per usual with you.

Jimbo is a horribly overrated head coach. He only won at FSU because of Winston. He’s the equivalent of Dan Mullen, who only won at Mississippi State because of Dak Prescott. He’s had resources available at Texas A&M that 99% of programs dream about and he couldn’t win. No thank you.

I do not think they jimbo recruits to MN with the same ability that he would to FSU and A&M but I could be wrong

I also think he is a shit show.

Would be fun to watch

Jimbo is a horribly overrated head coach. He only won at FSU because of Winston. He’s the equivalent of Dan Mullen, who only won at Mississippi State because of Dak Prescott. He’s had resources available at Texas A&M that 99% of programs dream about and he couldn’t win. No thank you.
Dan Mullen has more things in his resume that give me hope he could be successful at Mn than jimbo does. Jimbo hasn’t coached at a non Blue Chip school since the Clinton administration

Yeah I don’t think Jimbo in name alone is bringing recruits to a school like MN.

Jumbo Fisher will get a sweet buyout, but he will not get all of that 60 to 70 million. They will try to find something to not pay him. He is Tim Brewster with more success because of having a good QB.A&M seems to have endless oil money and they still suck.

He just turned 58, but I feel he would be a Les Miles Kansas type hire for anyone.

He just turned 58, but I feel he would be a Les Miles Kansas type hire for anyone.
He is a better football coach than Les

He has been at a blue blood since 2000. He hasn’t worked at a school that doesn’t pay players since the 90s. I wouldn’t touch him if I wasn’t a school without money. Not sure if he knows how to operate at a school without resources

Could you imagine if someone airdropped $75M into the Gopher football program to spend on players and coaches? I know we're down on the Fleckster at the moment but I bet we could at least win the West with that kind of coin.

That doesn't even count all the money aTm wasted on players "NIL" to be so average they have to fire their super expensive coach.

This is in Texas where there's piles of talent to be had.

What a failure on all levels.

Pocket change at A&M.
They will waste even more money on the next guy. And they have someone splashy already lined up.

You don't suddenly fire a guy after the best game of A&M's season (51-10 over Miss St) with 2 weeks to go (and pay that kind of buyout) unless someone else just said "yes"

A&M has the kind of alumni who are willing to spend endlessly on college football. People have different priorities.

They will waste even more money on the next guy. And they have someone splashy already lined up.

You don't suddenly fire a guy after the best game of A&M's season (51-10 over Miss St) with 2 weeks to go (and pay that kind of buyout) unless someone else just said "yes"

A&M has the kind of alumni who are willing to spend endlessly on college football. People have different priorities.
Will be interesting who it is

And A&M will have to pick up most of his contract, could be a bargain for someone who can recruit.

Top Bottom