Terell Smith Generating Draft Buzz

StudentSectionMenace

Reaction score
Per Jordan Reid ESPN:
Reid: This cornerback class is going to have some ridiculous testing numbers. I mentioned Christian Gonzalez as a potential workout warrior, but Georgia's Kelee Ringo, Penn State's Joey Porter Jr. and Maryland's Deonte Banks should also really dominate the on-field drills. Friday night will be a lot of fun. I also think Minnesota corner Terell Smith could surprise some folks. He should run well and is already generating some Day 3 buzz.

Always good to see Gophers getting draft hype!

Side note: Smith would be the fourth DB drafted in the Fleck era (St. Juste, Winfield jr, Williamson)

Per Jordan Reid ESPN:
Reid: This cornerback class is going to have some ridiculous testing numbers. I mentioned Christian Gonzalez as a potential workout warrior, but Georgia's Kelee Ringo, Penn State's Joey Porter Jr. and Maryland's Deonte Banks should also really dominate the on-field drills. Friday night will be a lot of fun. I also think Minnesota corner Terell Smith could surprise some folks. He should run well and is already generating some Day 3 buzz.

Side note: Smith would be the fourth DB drafted in the Fleck era (St. Juste, Winfield jr, Williamson)

db-u

Fleck was just on KFAN is people are interested in listening later when it's available. Hit a lot on draft for the most part and tying it to recruiting similarities.

Per Jordan Reid ESPN:

Smith's biggest issue here was staying healthy, he was finally able to stay on the field all year in 2022. Has the size and speed NFL teams are looking for in DBs so hopefully he can land in a good location through the draft.

I selfishly want every Gopher to end up a Viking, but this one actually makes a ton of sense. They have a need at the position but spent a lot of draft capital on DB last year and have a ton of other needs as well. A late round pick on a physical freak who played college ball down the road makes a ton of sense.

Fleck was just on KFAN is people are interested in listening later when it's available. Hit a lot on draft for the most part and tying it to recruiting similarities.

that was the best part of the interview. first part of the interview was PA rambling on about stuff.
when they finally got to football, a lot of talk about how different Gopher players will be viewed in the draft. also touched on change in OC and possible change in offense with AK at QB.

that was the best part of the interview. first part of the interview was PA rambling on about stuff.
when they finally got to football, a lot of talk about how different Gopher players will be viewed in the draft. also touched on change in OC and possible change in offense with AK at QB.
Never mind. Found it.

Last edited:

Pretty good!

Very good! It was 17th fastest at the entire combine, and 7th among CBs.

4.41 is really fast and better than a lot of NFL star WRs like Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, and Justin Jefferson did. He'll be able to keep up at the next level.

Top Bottom