Tenure Rankings of all 130 FBS Coaches

I could really go for a full on PJ era like those guys.

PJ is tough to figure out, but he’s made it clear that he likes it here (and so does his wife), and I think he gets a lot of satisfaction from identifying and developing overlooked kids with talent, because they’re more moldable than most of the highly rated kids. The typical 5 star player out of high school is looking for the quickest path to the NFL, and probably doesn’t want to hear about PJ’s “culture.”

It's amazing to think that after only 3 years, PJ is already slightly above middle of the pack nationally at #61. I don't have any data but it sure feels different from 20-30 years ago.

It's amazing to think that after only 3 years, PJ is already slightly above middle of the pack nationally at #61. I don't have any data but it sure feels different from 20-30 years ago.
Exactly my thoughts. I feel like PJ still has the "new coach smell". Hmm, that didn't really come out right.

I think now you hear about them more. Back then, the only way you found out was if your team played someone or if it was a helmet school. Most random college football fans could not have said who the coach at Northwestern was, for example, let alone Dayton, and would have had no idea how long they had been there. Now with the reporting on the internet, all that info is more readily available.

I looked up the B1G and there are a lot of coaches from that era in the 2-5 year tenure range. A lot of coaches from that era I either forgot about or never knew about in the first place...

For the history of the B1G, four years would be the median tenure (granted, in the 1900's there were a bunch of one and done coaches).

Exactly my thoughts. I feel like PJ still has the "new coach smell". Hmm, that didn't really come out right.

I'm going to need to smell PJ to be sure if you're right or wrong...

Die
Doesn't surprise me. Something close to 80% of recruits will experience a HC change in their five years.

Top Bottom