Tennessee DL in portal

Off-GridTNgopher

Reaction score
This is a pick up I would love to see. I know it's not a position of extreme need.. but this guy would be great. 3 years elgibility remaining

Curious as to why you think he would be a good pickup. Looks like he played a fair amount in 2019 but almost not at all in 2020 (1 game, 1 tackle). Outside of his size, what makes you feel he would be someone to target?

Curious as to why you think he would be a good pickup. Looks like he played a fair amount in 2019 but almost not at all in 2020 (1 game, 1 tackle). Outside of his size, what makes you feel he would be someone to target?
Sec experiance, depth in the trenches. I'm not saying he will be a star. But I personally (as long as he's a good student and person) would never argue against bringing in sec talent

Sec experiance, depth in the trenches. I'm not saying he will be a star. But I personally (as long as he's a good student and person) would never argue against bringing in sec talent
Just because he is from the SEC doesn’t mean he is good. Most of the dlinemen we already have either had or likely would have had SEC offers if they came from that area of the country.

Always be wary of someone else's duds or baggage. That is the last thing any team would want in their locker room.

Everyone looks better in Maroon!!!

Always be wary of someone else's duds or baggage. That is the last thing any team would want in their locker room.
So does that mean all the other transfers we already took were mistakes as well?

I'm trying to understand the logic in your statement; Fleck & Friends (if interested) would evaluate him like any other recruit - they seem to have done an excellent job IMO in having great STUDENT- athletes and citizens overall for the program.

So does that mean all the other transfers we already took were mistakes as well?

I'm trying to understand the logic in your statement; Fleck & Friends (if interested) would evaluate him like any other recruit - they seem to have done an excellent job IMO in having great STUDENT- athletes and citizens overall for the program.
Well, it goes without saying. Good vetting has to happen. The Gophers seem to have a good grip on things. The guys they got in the portal all seem to be winners. But, there is always a chance that a player may not work out.

Well, it goes without saying. Good vetting has to happen. The Gophers seem to have a good grip on things. The guys they got in the portal all seem to be winners. But, there is always a chance that a player may not work out.
Txs.

Same as any HS recruit, right?

It doesn't matter. Once in college, many find out that the competition at the college level are just as good or even better than they are talent-wise. Suddenly, they are not the BMOC. Just average, and have to put in the hard work to get to earn playing time.

They have to separate themselves from competition. Some kids are as advertised and can play right away. But, most will likely have to redshirt. Some are pressed into service out of necessity. Coaches would rather redshirt a kid so they have one year of adjustment and development.

You are different from most posters on this forum who thinks all 4* and up are worthwhile.. the kid was a top 150 prospect 3 years ago... There is talent there

Tennessee freshman WR just entered the portal, too. Some pretty highly rated guys leaving the Volunteers in a second wave.

They are potentially losing over 30 players to transfers. That is just an insane number of players to have in the portal. Very strange situation even taking into account the craziness that is the one time transfer rule and you know....2020....

They are potentially losing over 30 players to transfers. That is just an insane number of players to have in the portal. Very strange situation even taking into account the craziness that is the one time transfer rule and you know....2020....
Sounds similar to our men's basketball team.

Tennessee is another cesspool to avoid. Shades of Nebbie in the SEC.

All their wounds are self-inflicted. They are still living in Manning Fantasyland. Wake up and smell the stench.

They also have a new head coach.

Cleansing a program is a pretty good way to lower expectations for the new HC, initially. Especially if he's been given 3-4 years to resurrect the program.

Tennessee likely has a pretty strong booster network. They could easily be relevant by then.

Top Bottom