Tenn. hires Cuonzo Martin

Time will tell, but this feels like one of those times a mid-major coach jumps at the first opportunity to move up the ranks and ends up regretting the move when he's pink-slipped three, four seasons down the road. Seems that there's a whole lot of stink around the Tennessee program courtesy of Bruce Pearl and the program isn't exactly a long-established powerhouse. Feels a lot like what John Pelphrey just went through at Arkansas.

Did bring Missouri State from 11-20 to to 26-9 in three years. Not quite sure how that will translate to the SEC though. I'd probably agree with you coolhand, not really feeling the Tennessee vibe right now.

When I saw this news my first reaction was "Oh, $h!t our replacement if Coach Painter leaves for Mizzou is gone" but then I thought about it and I think this means that Coach Painter is going to stay in West Lafayette. Martin had to know he was the guy if Coach Painter left, and why would he take a job like Tennessee that is damaged goods over coaching at his Alma Mater. You would think that Martin and Painter connected before this went down, right? Somebody tell me I'm right here.

Anyways the name to watch at Missouri State is Paul Lusk. He is currently Purdue's Associate Head Coach, same position Coach Martin held at Purdue, and has already taken his name out of the running for the Northern Illinois job. I would be amazed if he doesn't get the Missouri State job, personally.

Does anyone think Tubby could now go back after Christian Kirk, I believe he had some interest in us but eventually commited to Missouri State.. he is a stretch 4 I believe something we definitely could use

I believe we did not follow up with him the last time, I doubt there is any more interest this time.

Top Bottom