Ten top players who have played their last Big Ten snaps (QB Tanner Morgan, Minnesota)

Meaning he will play his entire eligibility. He is not an NFL QB yet. Will take more to prove that. It is baffling that somebody has one good year and they are a 1st rounder in the next years's NFL draft. If he comes out next full season and lights it up with new receivers then we can talk about it. Love the kid and he is our guy for sure but lets scale back the talk. Reminds me of PA on KFAN back when Andrew Luck was entering the draft and PA was touting him as an NFL hall of famer before he even played one game.

That was a bad example to use. You mean the same Andrew Luck that led the Colts to the playoffs in his rookie season? Or the one that went to a pro bowl (his 4th) in his last season before a forced retirement due to injury? If he hadn't been injured then he would still be playing today and likely in the discussion for the HOF.

PA wasn't even near the front of that train, and he was right. There were 'Lose for Luck' signs popping up all over the NFL before he was drafted.

The Packers just took a first round QB because he played one good season, two years ago. You don't draft the best college players, you draft the college players with the most potential.

This was Andrew Luck's rookie season:
"Starting every game, Luck led the Colts to 11 wins—a record for rookie quarterbacks drafted first overall, where the previous record was 8—and reached the playoffs with a team that had gone 2–14 the year before. Playing against the Chiefs on December 23, 2012, Luck broke the record for most passing yards in a season by a rookie, throwing 205 to bring his season total to 4,183. Cam Newton held the previous record with 4,051 yards."

But that's not really the topic of this thread. Last year, Morgan looked like he might be a NFL QB. He is mentally there, throws his receivers open, hits tight windows, has good enough arm strength to get the ball to the outside, and he's creative when the play breaks down. Seems to have a great handle on the offense and he does everything by the book. His footwork is as close to perfect as you'll ever see from a college QB. He might be ready to take that step, especially if there is no junior season. There are two no-doubt picks ahead of him (Fields and Lawrence), after that it's Lance and Morgan. (Subject to change if the SEC plays a season).

Last edited:

Could it be that he was wrong? Just like he was wrong about Robb Smith and made us suffer through some of the worst defense we’ve ever seen? He also helped bring in two 4-star OL. Maybe that had something to do with it.
PitinoFan, I don’t think you are allowed to say PJ might have been wrong on Gopherhole?? 😜
I’m guessing walking on, bringing two four stars and working his butt off might have been a factor. I know this, day one open practice as freshmen, Zack looked better. About all I have to go on.
I have no idea why PJ played Zack visibly hurt, immobile with a porous line as many games as he did until Zack went to the hospital at halftime in Iowa. Can’t explain that either.
Tanner has to be the most accurate QB on the roster for sure.
I’m betting this, Zack is much better than he played on one leg with a bad line.
If he’s a better QB than Tanner it would be in areas other than passing accuracy imo

Maybe Justin Fields gets the Presidents to let us see football this fall? If that happens and Tanner isn’t the starter I’ll be just as shocked as you.

Top Bottom