Teddy Townsend Tracker

roadrunner

Reaction score
Looking at the stats of future Gopher Teddy Townsend, against higher competition, he has often registered more assists than goals. So far this year at EP his scoring line is 2G, 8A. Who could we compare his game to, Aaron Broten, Johnny Pohl? Will he be strictly a set-up guy at the next level?

Combination of Phil Kessel, Jordan Leopold, and John Mayasich.

Jokes aside I haven’t seen him play live so I can’t really comment, but people I know who have seen him are very high on him.

A thread isn't necessary. Let's see him play a full year of juniors next season then we'll talk.

I would normally agree but it’s not as if there’s an abundance of threads on the hockey forum.
There is not enough activity to need many threads. This can go in the recruiting thread. Townsend might not even get drafted. If there is ever going to be a thread for a single recruit, it's an Eiserman Watch thread.

I haven't seen him play yet. Will he be able to skate at the college level or...the Dave Spehar level?

I haven't seen him play yet. Will he be able to skate at the college level or...the Dave Spehar level?
Is that a good or bad level? (I'm not a great Gopher hockey historian mind)

Spehar was a very good player on his own merits, his problem was he was so dominant in high school that he had hype that was pretty much impossible to live up to.

If the post was only referring to his skating, I don’t think he was ever considered an elite skater.

Is that a good or bad level? (I'm not a great Gopher hockey historian
Dave Spehar was 2nd all time time points (to John Pohl) for many years and still top 5. Also has 2 of the top 22 points seasons in MSHL history.

Was OK in college but not dominant. He had some insane games in the State tournament and think his legend was unfair to live up to in college.

Teddy has 4G, 13A so far on a losing EP team. Probably needs to go to the USHL.

Spehar was a very good player on his own merits, his problem was he was so dominant in high school that he had hype that was pretty much impossible to live up to.

If the post was only referring to his skating, I don’t think he was ever considered an elite skater.
That and even his underclassmen years were solid, he just partied too much and never took that next step.

Dave Spehar was 2nd all time time points (to John Pohl) for many years and still top 5. Also has 2 of the top 22 points seasons in MSHL history.

Was OK in college but not dominant. He had some insane games in the State tournament and think his legend was unfair to live up to in college.
He did a little better than what I thought he would do for a small guy. I do agree with your post. I do remember the Duluth fans were really mad at him for not committing to the Bulldogs.

Spehar was an old school hockey player with great hands and scoring touch but he couldn't outskate his grandma. He would of had a lot more Gopher assists too if any of his linemates could have found the net with a map.
Teddy has a lot of goals to go to reach that level.

Don't even know a Townsend. I just like the name and the brand. "Teddy! Teddy! Teddy!" It's fun. We ARE allowed to have fun here, aren't we?

Last edited:

Top Bottom