ted roof to auburn?

That would blow. We go through defensive coordinators like a newborn goes through diapers after eating a jar of puriated prunes. Brewster is a spin master but this would be a hard story to spin.

this is a publicity stunt by auburn fans to try to sway public opinion that roof should be hired as DC at auburn.

just rumors
http://auburnundercover.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5625

i think that some overzealous fan is defacing the roof wiki page to start rumors in an effort to get a DC well known down south.

auburn fans are crazy and they are hopping mad that tubberville is gone. i think they believe that all they have to do is start the rumor and it will happen.

Auburn= Kansas State or Illinois with intollerable fans

What, is Auburn trying to stockpile coaches that can win conference games as head coaches?

I don't see it as a particularly attractive move for Ted Roof, but I don't know the guy.

1. It's not a promotion
2. You're walking into a situation where your new boss is 0-0 and already hated
3. The defense was already great, so you have little room to make improvements

Unless he really hates the cold weather outside, I don't see any reason he would make this move. Is Auburn really an attractive location for anyone at that moment? Alabama is surging, the SEC is strong, a coach with massive success just got the boot...Chizik might have been the only person willing to TAKE that job.

Ted Roof took the Duke job because he likes challenges. I think that's what attracted him to the DC job here, he wanted to see if he could fix the worst defense in Div 1. I can't see him going to Auburn. Chizik is a defensive guy to begin with, so how much power will he have. The defense is good already so the "challenge" factor is gone. I guess it could be a challenge trying to get a good enough defense to win games 3-2 again. Auburn needs offense.

I'll be more concerned when a mid-level HC job comes Roof's way, or a bigger name school run by an offensive HC that needs Defense to become a contender.

Given what we have seen from Auburn's ability to identify talented coaches this year I am not in the least bit worried.

What, is Auburn trying to stockpile coaches that can win conference games as head coaches?

I don't see it as a particularly attractive move for Ted Roof, but I don't know the guy.

1. It's not a promotion
2. You're walking into a situation where your new boss is 0-0 and already hated
3. The defense was already great, so you have little room to make improvements

Unless he really hates the cold weather outside, I don't see any reason he would make this move. Is Auburn really an attractive location for anyone at that moment? Alabama is surging, the SEC is strong, a coach with massive success just got the boot...Chizik might have been the only person willing to TAKE that job.

Why Auburn??? He's nearly doubling his salary. Ding...ding...ding. We have a winner.

He gets to do the same job....a couple hours from family....in a warm environment...with better athletes to recruit and nearly doubles his salary.

Top Bottom