Teams we should jump in the polls

csom_1991

Reaction score
Thankfully, garbage time helped to inflate our margin of victory a bit over Rutgers (important to cover the spread) so we should not be jumped by anyone behind us in the polls. So, the notable losers are:

#14 Boise State 21 - 25 vs. unranked BYU
#16 Michigan 21 - 28 vs. #7 PSU
#17 ASU 3 - 21 vs. #13 Utah

I don't see us jumping #18 Baylor or #19 SMU - both having beaten pretty solid opponents. Also, Texas pulled out a win so they will not be falling from #15. Normally, I would predict that we would move up 3 spots with these losses ahead of us - the pollsters will punish both ASU and Boise (unfairly). But Michigan will be a toss up. They have 2 losses with their notable win close over Iowa and a close loss to PSU. Michigan usually gets the benefit of the doubt - and it does help the B1G if Michigan is ranked for their annual beat down by OSU in terms of potentially lifting OSU into the playoffs.

So, will we move up 3 spots or less?

Texas moves to 14, Baylor to 15, SMU to 16, we move up 3 spots to 17?

I'm thinking we move to 17 and pass ASU, Michigan and Boise.

Very slight chance we jump Texas but probably not.

According to ESPN's FPI, over the next two weeks SMU is suppose to lose at Memphis and is only a slight favorite against Houston, plus we could jump Wisconsin with a blowout loss to OSU and Auburn with a blowout loss to LSU. Florida and Georgia also play so maybe we pass the loser of that game.

Texas and Baylor both play TCU so hopefully the horned frogs can knock one of them off and Utah plays at Washington as well. Oregon plays WSU and @USC so also potential for an upset.

Top Bottom