Teams To Cheer For Tuesday

GoldyPush-Ups

Barnyard Board
Reaction score
As of right now, ESPN's Mark Schlabach has 17 teams fighting for 6 spots on 'Bubble Watch.' So here's who to cheer for today:

Butler over Wright State - preserves one of the final six spots, make Gophers look better
Depaul over South Florida - would throw SF out of discussion
Providence over Seton Hall - would throw SH out of discussion
George Washington over Dayton - would throw Dayton out of discussion
St. Joes over Rhode Island - would severely damage RI chances, make Gophers look better

I would be pretty happy if 3 of these games go our way (as long as one is Butler)

In order of importance:

1) Butler over Wright State - preserves one of the final six spots, make Gophers look better
2) St. Joes over Rhode Island - would severely damage RI chances, make Gophers look better
3) George Washington over Dayton - would throw Dayton out of discussion
4) Providence over Seton Hall - would throw SH out of discussion
5) Depaul over South Florida - would throw SF out of discussion

I was hoping for more than one, but the one that really counted (Butler) we got. Had any of those other teams lost, it would've been an upset. All of those teams that won other than Butler still need to win one or two (or three) more in their tourneys to get in anyways so hopefully they lose tomorrow!

The good news is that the South Florida, Seton Hall, Dayton, and Rhode Island wins don't do anything to strengthen their resumes. The wins just simply allowed them to "avoid elimination." I think if they lose their next games, they are out. Butler's win was absolutely critical. It kept an at-large spot open.

Top Bottom