Team Accountability wins the inagural Fourth Quarter Competition! (picture of champs)

Phil Nelson on team Effort. Already winning trophies. This whole competition sounded awesome and the pictures look like they really were working hard.
Ski U Mah

Guy holding the 2nd place trophy looks like Red Foo...

They posted the wrong pic of Team Accountability. Here's the correct one:

fe4cb8.jpg

Guy holding the 2nd place trophy looks like Red Foo...

That's the oft-mentioned Aaron Hill, team captain. Anyone still doubting he's going to keep his scholarship? The coaches love him.

FYI--

Team Accountability: Captain Ed Olson, David Cobb, Peter Westerhaus, Tommy Olson, Theiren Cockran, Mike Henry, Steven Montgomery, Malcolm Moulton, Caleb Bak, Mitch Leidner, Isaac Fruechte, and Scott Ekpe

Team Effort: Captain Aaron Hill, Joe Bjorklund, Marek Lenkiewicz, Sahr Ngekia, D.L. Wilhite, Ernie Heifort, C.J. Cesario, Peter Mortell, Philip Nelson, Jeremy Balthazar, Cedric Thompson, Donnell Kirkwood

Now updated to reflect actual team members.

Phil Nelson on team Effort. Already winning trophies. This whole competition sounded awesome and the pictures look like they really were working hard.
Ski U Mah

And Mitch Leidner beat him in team accountability. Along with Freuchte and Ekpe and the Olson bros among others. The new freshmen are already producing!

That's the oft-mentioned Aaron Hill, team captain. Anyone still doubting he's going to keep his scholarship? The coaches love him.

+1

Guys like Aaron Hill make college football so fun to follow. This is a kid who came from nowhere, earned a scholarship, is supposedly a really good student, and has become a captain. There is no way this guy doesn't play under scholarship for the rest of his career. He's earned a scholarship as much as anyone on the team.

+1

Guys like Aaron Hill make college football so fun to follow. This is a kid who came from nowhere, earned a scholarship, is supposedly a really good student, and has become a captain. There is no way this guy doesn't play under scholarship for the rest of his career. He's earned a scholarship as much as anyone on the team.

It's time for MV to adjust the scholarship grid accordingly... scholarship-grid

FYI, I added Mike Henry to the winning team roster above, Gophersports missed his name in the story.

+1

Was Hill taken off scholarship last year? He earned one in 2010..

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082510aaa.html

Video highlights of the competition..

Scholarships Awarded

It is very difficult to know who has a scholarship at any given time because in the past scholarships were awarded for one year (I believe that is about to change except maybe for walk on scholarships). As far as I can tell, it is per speculation that Hill will not be on scholarship this fall. The reason for the speculation on him not having a scholarship appears to have been driven by concerns that we could be over the 85 scholarship limit this fall.

The problem is that scholarship information is "private" and therefore there is no official list available to the public. I have tried to keep my own ongoing unofficial scholarship grid which now has us at 84 scholarships this fall. Some of the key assumptions are:

* Walk-ons Austin Hahn and Aaron Hill will be on scholarships.

* Brooks Michel is still listed on the roster but I am assuming he will be granted a medical scholarship in 2012.

* Ge'Shun Harris is no longer on scholarship.

* Duke Anyanwu and Ben Lauer will be grey shirted and therefore will not be on scholarship this fall.

Often times, the walk on scholarships are given out for 1 year at a time. Unlike a recruit who signs, who is theoretically a year-to-year (I don't know if that's the case anymore), a walk-on being granted a scholarship is often times year-to-year in practice.

It often works itself out. A couple scholarships usually open up at a time when it's difficult to fill that void with another recruit (see Ge'Shun Harris fiasco), so they will likely go to someone like Cameron Botticelli or possibly Caleb Bak and say "hey, a scholarship opened up for this season and we'd like to offer to you. If one becomes available for seasons after that, you will definitely be kept in mind, but this is for this year, etc."

I apologize if this has come up before...

Is that Rose Bowl logo sticker on the trophy?

Video was fun to watch. hopefully the players continue to play that hard all year round. Awesome inaugural trophy as well. much better looking then our Iowa neighbors "Corn Cy-Hawk trophy" :p

appears the trophy plaque is inscribed "Rose Bowl Champions"??? is this something Brew left behind?? haha

Looks like a Rose Bowl sticker on there, and there was also a Capital One Bowl trophy that I'm assuming went to the 2nd place team.

The video is awesome.
They are getting better.
Spring practice is right around the corner.

God I must be getting old because I was shocked at how young they looked when they didn't have their pads on

Team Accountability: Captain Ed Olson, David Cobb, Peter Westerhaus, Tommy Olson, Theiren Cockran, Mike Henry, Steven Montgomery, Malcolm Moulton, Caleb Bak, Mitch Leidner, Isaac Fruechte, and Scott Ekpe

Team Effort: Captain Aaron Hill, Joe Bjorklund, Marek Lenkiewicz, Sahr Ngekia, D.L. Wilhite, Ernie Heifort, C.J. Cesario, Peter Mortell, Philip Nelson, James Gillum, Cedric Thompson, Donnell Kirkwood

Gillum, Cobb, and Kirkwood. The running game will surprise everyone, even the most optimistic...

I actually think that is Jeremy Balthazar and not James Gillum on Team Effort.

Cool videos, and photos. I'm hoping there is more, of the behind the scenes stuff, coming until the season starts.

Random side note. I noticed Brendan Beal in the photos, looks like he was on Team Toughness. Giving everyone's opinion that it'll be a surprise if he ever plays, I was happy to see him participate in this competition.

Yup. There's a Rose Bowl replica trophy and a Capital One replica trophy handed out to the 1st and 2nd place teams, respectively.

Very cool video. The competition looked like a lot of fun.

Observations on watching the video:

Soundtrack--Hocus Pocus (by Focus)...probably on Kill's playlist, if he knew what an iPod was...
Showing your long-snapper (Filkins) on a speed and agility drill...
Curran Delaney looks like a 10 year NFL vet--of course, he's 27 years old...
I'd love to see Dexter Foreman see some playing time, make a great play, and then get post-game interviewed along with Aaron Hill--all hair, all the time...
Scott Epke winning his tug o'war...
Ed Olson is a leader through and through...did we have any doubt?

Observations on watching the video:

Soundtrack--Hocus Pocus (by Focus)...probably on Kill's playlist, if he knew what an iPod was...
Showing your long-snapper (Filkins) on a speed and agility drill...
Curran Delaney looks like a 10 year NFL vet--of course, he's 27 years old...
I'd love to see Dexter Foreman see some playing time, make a great play, and then get post-game interviewed along with Aaron Hill--all hair, all the time...
Scott Epke winning his tug o'war...
Ed Olson is a leader through and through...did we have any doubt?

That was one of the best parts of the video.

Top Bottom