Teague says he'll look at Tubby's body of work, talks fan frustration, facilities etc

True, but I don't think they would/could change the original roof line.

I'm confident they could and with a 5 million dollar roof repair now would be the time to decide. Will they? Probably not. The SSW facade is approx. 60' ht and the 2nd level hall is up 40-45'. If they wanted to add club/office rooms, food & restroom access on the second level they could without altering the existing roof.

Regardless, expanding the south hallway 15' and adding vendors and restrooms would be a huge improvement.

I'm confident they could and with a 5 million dollar roof repair now would be the time to decide. Will they? Probably not. The SSW facade is approx. 60' ht and the 2nd level hall is up 40-45'. If they wanted to add club/office rooms, food & restroom access on the second level they could without altering the existing roof.

Regardless, expanding the south hallway 15' and adding vendors and restrooms would be a huge improvement.

Very true, but what if the turned the court and expanded into the Pavilion? Think of how many more sideline seats they could have, all unobstructed view. I'm afraid that would be big bucks though.

The exterior of Hinkle Fieldhouse is also a more classic look.

ar129532811100441.jpg

I don't mean to make excuses, and I'm not that happy with the season at this point, BUT, please realize that the Gophers have 6 total losses at this point:
2 road losses to top-15 teams (@Indiana, @MSU)
1 loss at neutral site to top-5 team (who at the time was also injury-free) (Duke)
1 home loss, that to a top-5 team (Michigan)
1 road loss to a team hovering around top-30, who has the B1G's best home record this decade (@Wisconsin)
1 road loss to a top-100 rpi team (@Northwestern)

The only embarrassment here is the @Northwestern game, and truthfully, every team good or bad has their blips. The '97 Gophers team lost @Alabama in the non-conference season. The '98 Vikings lost at 8-8 Tampa Bay. Didn't Kansas just get beat by TCU?

I think even 2 of 3 of Clem's great teams were really not that amazing. The first Sweet-16 team only earned a #11 seed, and the first Final 8 team was only a #6 seed. Only because they over-achieved in the Tournament do we remember them in such a fond manner.

What should have been our expectations at this point? 8-2 in the B1G (wins @UW, @NU, and one of @MSU, Mich, @Ind)? 7-3, 6-4, 5-5? I think, given the rough schedule, 6-4 would have been reasonable and 7-3 hopeful. If the Gophers hadn't laid an egg at Northwestern, and/or Wisconsin hadn't gotten lucky like usual, they'd be at one of those "reasonable" marks.

The things I'm frustrated in are not record-related, as such, they're lack-of-fundamental basketball and correctable-problem related, as I posted yesterday. If the record is a reflection of those problems, so be it, but the record itself is not the problem here.

That's partly true about Clem's first NCAA teams. In 88-89 they finished in 9-9 and in fifth place. However, they beat each of the four teams ahead of them once during the season. In 89-90 they finished 11-7, tied for fourth. They beat all but one of the other four teams tied or ahead of them.

It's true that the post season is what matters, and I hope our style works better in the tournament than it does in the Big Ten. But in previous successful tourney runs we've shown the ability to win big games during the regular season, too.

Top Bottom