TCU's defensive coordinator retiring after 10 years at school

We can hope the kinks aren't totally worked out for them by game 1.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Seems like good news for us. Although didn't they have a new OC last year ...they seemed to have no problem moving the ball or putting up points against us and everybody else.

Gary Patterson is the mastermind behind his 4-2-5 defense. Bumpas was a puppet.

Hope he hires someone not named Sawvel.

Seems like good news for us. Although didn't they have a new OC last year ...they seemed to have no problem moving the ball or putting up points against us and everybody else.

I disagree about this one being good news. The OC change going into last year was good because as an offense they were still figuring things out. Their offense at the end of the year was way more explosive then the one we faced in game 2.

On the DC front, Patterson won't let the new guy change things much so I will be surprised if they do anything that would require significant adjustments on that side of the ball. The difficult part for our offensive staff will be figuring out the tendencies of the new guy leading up to the game.

Hope he hires someone not named Sawvel.

Football Scoop is speculating that the new guy will be a promotion from within the team and not someone from the outside. Given the relationship between Kill and Patterson I wonder if either would ever even attempt to take a coach from the others staff.

Patterson is our D coordinator. Bumpas called the defensive line signals (who operate independent of the LBs and DBs). The "new" guy has been around a long time and can handle it. The effect will be negligible.

I love the fact that we'll be one of the best games opening the season.

I love the fact that we'll be one of the best games opening the season.

It's going to be a great kickoff to the season. A fair amount of people doubted, and still doubt, Lender as a passing QB, but it sure seemed like he was showing promise at the end of the season. Throw in the redshirt receivers that Kill has been raving about and it might make for an interesting game.

Patterson is our D coordinator. Bumpas called the defensive line signals (who operate independent of the LBs and DBs). The "new" guy has been around a long time and can handle it. The effect will be negligible.

This sounds about right. I don't see them missing a step. I think we will give them as good a game as they can get to open the season.

Top Bottom