TCF Stadium Concession Rant

I just wanted to give a thumbs up to the concessions at today's game. I did something I very rarely do and got concessions twice. Once during the first quarter, I went up and got a large Sprite. No line. Then, and this is the really rare part for me, my son and I went up shortly after halftime started to get ice cream and a pretzel. We waited behind one other customer, were served promptly, and got what we asked for. They need to get little cups for the cheese pouches for the pretzels, but that's a pretty minor point.

Overall, well done.

Anyway, I also happened to notice that outside section 119/121, there happen to be not 1, not 2, not 3, no, not even 4 or 5, but SIX drinking fountains in a row on the wall. I know there are other locations around the stadium with just one, but I just thought I'd let those of you who may attend a hot game in the future, that six drinking fountains are awaiting you a short stroll away in the concourse.

The person next to me got one with theirs.

Yeah, I've seen them before so I know they exist. It might have just been the stand I was at or the person that was helping me couldn't find them. Anyway, they gave me a drink tray to set my pretzel on and it had an area where I could put the cheese. No big deal.

I think the service issues and long lines of yesteryear have been solved. However, I wonder if some of this is due to people not patronizing the food stands as much these days. The product served is pretty bad. The hot dogs are tiny and remind me of meat flavored gummy worms.

Top Bottom