TCF is worth a touchdown.

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
First time in my life I've actually seen the Gophers play with a homefield advantage. It was palpable today, and that includes the refs throwing us more than one good call. That's what happens.

Game summary is not terribly complicated: They won both ends of the game, starting and finishing with authority. You can't spot them 14 in the first 6 minutes, and give them the ball in your territory in the last 6 minutes. The rest of the game can mostly be explained by the fact that they have a running game and we don't.

Varia:

-Third week in a row our coaching staff has made better adjustments coming out of half than the opposing team.
-This is the most speed we've ever had on defense in my lifetime. It shows.
-Pretty impressed with our front seven on D. They played pretty tough up the gut.
-It won't show up on a scoresheet, but Daindridge dropped a gimme and it cost us at least 50 yards of field position after a booming punt. Unacceptable.
-Would like to have Scherels around.
-I am afraid to jinx our kicking game by talking about it. Shhhh!!!!
-Green is going to blossom.
-Better on penalties.
-Why not put in Gray for the last series?
-Collado got caught peeking inside on the last touchdown. This is hard to do when you're a cornerback and it's a closed formation with a single back. He somehow managed. And it was third down.
-Has anybody noticed this is at least year three without a running back?
-Tied in the 4th quarter in college football = first team to eff up loses. We effed up first.
-270 yards of offense--barf. 40 yards rushing--double barf.

Agree with your analysis.

I think we need 2 good recruiting classes and an upgrade in talent and then we can evaluate the coaching staff. I think we will be in the top half of the big 10 with 2 good classes. The new stadium really makes the games much more enjoyable.

Totally agree Studwell. We finally have a defense, now we are missing the running game.

First ti
-It won't show up on a scoresheet, but Daindridge dropped a gimme and it cost us at least 50 yards of field position after a booming punt. Unacceptable.
-Why not put in Gray for the last series?

Two that I really agree with. If we get that pick we win imo.

Top Bottom