TCF Bank Stadium Announcement

go4rube

By the Beard of Zeus!
Reaction score
I was listening to WCCO this morning and Dave Lee said that an announcement was going to be made at 10 am this morning from TCF Bank Stadium. Sid said he had not heard about it, but Lee was guessing it was about upcoming concerts at the venue, but neither of them had any concrete information.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I was listening to WCCO this morning and Dave Lee said that an announcement was going to be made at 10 am this morning from TCF Bank Stadium. Sid said he had not heard about it, but Lee was guessing it was about upcoming concerts at the venue, but neither of them had any concrete information.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Heard the same. Before Sid came on I thought Dave mentioned it might be a Neil Diamond concert, but considering the source it might be a Duane Bennett concert.

I think Dave is hoping it is a Neil Diamond concert ;)

I am just hoping it is not related to the Athletic department canning Brewster at the beginning of the season.

If it was about Brewster, they wouldn't make the announcement from TCF. You use TCF as the backdrop when you have a positive announcement. Firing the coach, even if it must be done is never a positive announcement.

They were speculating about Neil Diamond or a hockey game(s).

No. The first hockey game there better be a Gopher game. Then bring on the Wild. :)

I would think they would do both, just like they did last year with the Bruins-Flyers and the Boston University-Boston College games.

I would think they would do both, just like they did last year with the Bruins-Flyers and the Boston University-Boston College games.

That works, so long as the Gophers are first. ;)

It could be this: the "National Senior Games" are coming to the Twin Cities in 2015 with the U being one of its venue hosts, and likely host of the opening ceremonies at TCF Bank Stadium:

I think I'd rather see Neil Diamond.

Haven't had this much of a letdown since....well, Saturday.

I'm sure the TCF Bank Stadium website will have the latest information posted on it very soon... maybe even within 8 months. They just have to fix the web cam link that has been down for a month, and replace the "U2 Concert has been rescheduled" announcement that has been up all summer first. Just keep hitting refresh.

I think it is indeed the old fart olympics. No wonder they were talking about it on WCCO.

I think it is indeed the old fart olympics. No wonder they were talking about it on WCCO.

Can't wait! Hopefully they can do the Denture Removal Competition at the Aquatic Center! I also heard the Italians have the odds on favorite in the "Not Dying" competition. Pull up those black socks and shorts, grab your hearing aids! We've gone big time! :p

You gotta admit that this thread pretty much sums up Gopher football.

We start out with optimism.
Get excited about two outdoor hockey games.
Throw in a likely bad outcome (Neil Diamond).
Take a shot at Dave Lee and WCCO.
And wind up more disappointed (Senior Olympics) than the original bad outcome would have been.
Then crack a few jokes at our own expense.

We are Gopher Nation. Sigh...

Go Gophers!!

And wind up more disappointed (Senior Olympics) than the original bad outcome would have been.

Go Gophers!!

You deserve special recognition for the pure perfection that you just posted. What a perfect comparison. If there were an internet equal to the Insight Bowl, I would buy you a ticket to attend it.

Go Gophers!!

Post of the season!

Originally Posted by BleedGopher

Go Gophers!!

This entire thread is awesome. Actual announcement is a letdown.

Go Gophers!!

This is perfect.

lol

So what was the 'news'?

Maybe this: They've decided to install electronic cash registers at the concession stands and to cut the wait, when you're first in line, to less than six minutes?

Top Bottom