Taylor Woodson is coming home

Wow, another Hopkins Royals player is a Gopher! Amaya should be happy. This is kind of, well it is a big deal! Woodsen is a really good athlete(player) and the barn faithful are going to love having her in the Gophers family. Barn is going to see a lot more rears in seats this fall. It is a fun group of players to watch. Gophers just got more dangerous in Big 10.

I think she starts. They’ll have some great depth.

Way to go Coach P.......

I hope Woodson is on the phone right now with Olivia Olson....
As this would be amazing I just don't know if there's enough playing time with all the depth they now have. I think if there's another addition it will be post.

As this would be amazing I just don't know if there's enough playing time with all the depth they now have. I think if there's another addition it will be post.
So far as I know, Olivia has not asked for her release from her NLI with Michigan. If she does, I don't think you can turn away a player ranked as high as Olivia.

so now WE HAVE to much depth.. good lord.. if Taylor didn't think she could get enough minutes here I don't think she would have committed..

New depth chart

Hart/Stewart
Heyer/Holloway/McKinney
Woodson/GG
Braun/Johnson
Battle/Klick

That’s 11 good players. What great depth. Probably don’t need anymore from the portal.

For those that know Woodson’s game, can she shoot the 3? Her defense was surprisingly good for a freshman, but teams sagged off her on defense.

I saw that she can play multiple positions. Don’t know about her 3 point shooting.

I look at GG as being a great 6th woman bringing a spark off the bench. It will be interesting to see how this works out.
Players will have to compete for playing time, but like mentioned before...plenty of minutes to go around. Each game will be different depending on opponents too.

Excited for this but really don’t know her game. I know she was highly recruited, is she quick? Is she an efficient scorer? From what I hear a pretty good defender? I think I’ll be getting season tickets this year🤔

New depth chart

Hart/Stewart
Heyer/Holloway/McKinney
Woodson/GG
Braun/Johnson
Battle/Klick

That’s 11 good players. What great depth. Probably don’t need anymore from the portal.
I think Heyer and GG will both benefit from playing less minutes. With the depth improvements, there should be no repeat of this year's game at Wisconsin where a dead-tired Gopher team didn't show up.

I don't know if Woodson would start over GG. 1.9 ppg/1.7 rpg vs 10.8/4.7.
Granted Grace averaged 4 times as many minutes. But TW never attempted a 3 pointer.
Seems like GG might be the choice in offensive situations and TW in when needing stops over points.

New depth chart

Hart/Stewart
Heyer/Holloway/McKinney
Woodson/GG
Braun/Johnson
Battle/Klick

So you're writing off Czinano? Seems way too early for that. I thought she was a team player who did the little things that make a team better but don't necessarily show up in the boxscore.

So you're writing off Czinano? Seems way too early for that. I thought she was a team player who did the little things that make a team better but don't necessarily show up in the boxscore.
Sorry, I forgot to put her on it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Czinano hopefully stays as she is a leader as she plays hard each minute she gets to contribute and cheers for her teammates when not in the game. Her game was getting better as the year went on as well. Got a decent amount of steals.

Top Bottom