Taylor Martinez

I thought their game plan to not run Martinez was a huge mistake. NE is so much better when Martinez pressures the D with his feet. It opens up options and lets him be a play maker with the ball in his hands.

Well that didn't happen today. He wasn't terribly mobile and he was unable to hurt our defense. The only thing we had trouble with all day was Abdullah on the option (which Martinez deserves credit for pitching at the right time). I still don't like Martinez as a qb, but he has had a solid career at Nebraska...

I mentioned in chat during the game that he'll leave Nebraska holding virtually every qb record there is, and Nebraska fans will be eagerly ushering him to the door. He is not a good quarterback, stats notwithstanding. Terrible decisions, terrible leadership. I'd much, much rather have a solid game manager-style qb with marginal physical talents than Martinez, and the Husker fan base is, en masse, mystified with why he keeps getting the starts when both backups are better quarterbacks cum quarterbacks.
So it goes.

I mentioned in chat during the game that he'll leave Nebraska holding virtually every qb record there is, and Nebraska fans will be eagerly ushering him to the door. He is not a good quarterback, stats notwithstanding. Terrible decisions, terrible leadership. I'd much, much rather have a solid game manager-style qb with marginal physical talents than Martinez, and the Husker fan base is, en masse, mystified with why he keeps getting the starts when both backups are better quarterbacks cum quarterbacks.
So it goes.

I'll tell ya, I was surprised to. Your offense had been rolling the last few games and they never even thought about giving someone else a series. Kenny Bell sure had a tough game today. And he's usually the guy I'm most impressed with. Not sure if he was dinged up or what...

Top Bottom