Taylor Landfair has entered the transfer portal.

This I don't really understand. She said she wanted a "more competitive gym" yet she literally gave little to no effort all season while everyone else was hustling to do their job. You would think she would step up in the situations where they are down and do her best to carry the team and lead by example. She in fact did the opposite and seemed to do as little as possible and just go through the motions. Incredibly frustrating as a fan to watch what we watched all season and then have her say, oh I wanted a more competitive team. Then STEP UP and do more for your team ala Skinner rather than skip out for a natty team. I just don't get it.
Yeah, this could be frustrating to see it play out this next season, especially if she returns to form. Everyone will want to interview her and she'll get to play it how she wants it.

This I don't really understand. She said she wanted a "more competitive gym" yet she literally gave little to no effort all season while everyone else was hustling to do their job. You would think she would step up in the situations where they are down and do her best to carry the team and lead by example. She in fact did the opposite and seemed to do as little as possible and just go through the motions. Incredibly frustrating as a fan to watch what we watched all season and then have her say, oh I wanted a more competitive team. Then STEP UP and do more for your team ala Skinner rather than skip out for a natty team. I just don't get it.
She is not a leader, nor ever will be. It is just not in her DNA.

She also struggles if she is the "go-to" player. She does much better when she can play her role at a high level.

It reminds me of KAT on the Timberwolves. He is thriving being one of the main cogs, but not THE main cog that makes all the other cogs go. He was never comfortable with it and it showed. Now ANT on the other hand, he wants to be The Cog, and it also shows.

As for her Olympic aspirations, this will be a problem. Not only do you need to be able to play your role at a high level, you also have to be able to make the people around you better, too, because there are significantly fewer substitutions. She has clearly demonstrated she cannot do the latter, or at least has no desire to do the latter, if last season was any indication.

I will admit I am quite surprised she ended up in Nebraska. But like some of the talk on another forum JCook recruited her so nobody else could in the BIG, which I believe there is truth to that.

I really felt she would end up in Wisconsin and IMO it was a better "fit" for her. But as we all know, my opinion means absolutely nothing to Landfair nor her family....It is just a personal opinion.

Lastly, Nebraska has money far and above Wisconsin right now to be able to bring anybody into their program. Again, IMO If she plays and if she plays 6R, JCook can hide her in the backrow just like Hugh was able to do....Nebraska has a better established back court compared to Wisconsin.

I too am so glad that players and their families that don't want to be part of this program have finally moved on. Right now I will be looking forward to some positive recruiting news for 2024.

Last edited:

She is not a leader, nor ever will be. It is just not in her DNA.

She also struggles if she is the "go-to" player. She does much better when she can play her role at a high level.

It reminds me of KAT on the Timberwolves. He is thriving being one of the main cogs, but not THE main cog that makes all the other cogs go. He was never comfortable with it and it showed. Now ANT on the other hand, he wants to be The Cog, and it also shows.

As for her Olympic aspirations, this will be a problem. Not only do you need to be able to play your role at a high level, you also have to be able to make the people around you better, too, because there are significantly fewer substitutions. She has clearly demonstrated she cannot do the latter, or at least has no desire to do the latter, if last season was any indication.
Brutal.

Eviscerated.

Lastly, Nebraska has money far and above Wisconsin right now to be able to bring anybody into their program.
Is this statement actually based on anything?

Answers could look like “in this 2023 article, we see that NIL donations specifically for volleyball are at $350k for Nebraska but only $100k for Wisconsin” and/or “Nebraska has a well known volleyball benefactor named James Q CornFarmer who has publicly donated hundreds of thousands to the program”.

??

First domino has fallen with TL move. Batenhorst is entering portal in May. Gophers won’t be considered as she wants to play both indoor and beach. Probably west coast teams(USC, UCLA or Long Beach).

First domino has fallen with TL move. Batenhorst is entering portal in May. Gophers won’t be considered as she wants to play both indoor and beach. Probably west coast teams(USC, UCLA or Long Beach).
1) ......... why May??? I just don't get the timing of these decisions sometimes

2) Adding varsity sand (or for snobs, "beach") volleyball should be an easy no-brainer?? Minimal scholarships, minimal facilities needed, and probably largely a cross-over roster. No different than indoor/outdoor track

1) ......... why May??? I just don't get the timing of these decisions sometimes

2) Adding varsity sand (or for snobs, "beach") volleyball should be an easy no-brainer?? Minimal scholarships, minimal facilities needed, and probably largely a cross-over roster. No different than indoor/outdoor track
She is finishing her degree at Nebraska , then will be graduate transfer.

She is finishing her degree at Nebraska , then will be graduate transfer.
That’s purportedly the exact same scenario that Landfair is in.

So why did Landfair enter already?? Or why is Batenhorst entering late?

The inconsistency makes no sense.

Only thing that would make sense is in one case you’ve burnt the bridge and won’t be allowed in the gym in the springs while maybe the other case they’re still on good terms and she’ll be in the gym in the spring?

KCook should automatically be fired if TL is anywhere near the gym this spring.

That’s purportedly the exact same scenario that Landfair is in.

So why did Landfair enter already?? Or why is Batenhorst entering late?

The inconsistency makes no sense.

Only thing that would make sense is in one case you’ve burnt the bridge and won’t be allowed in the gym in the springs while maybe the other case they’re still on good terms and she’ll be in the gym in the spring?

KCook should automatically be fired if TL is anywhere near the gym this spring.

I dunno. I'll just let it play out.

Because Landfair committed to Nebraska, snatching AB's spot.
That’s the answer to “why will Batenhorst enter the portal”.

The question I asked is: “why didn’t Batenhorst enter the main portal window?”

She had to have known for weeks that Neb was where TL was going. I feel like there was even time from when it was announced that it was Neb. You have until noon on last day of the portal window just to submit your name. You only have to contact your athletic depts compliance officer.

The answer can’t be that she isn’t eligible to do so until she graduates. TL didn’t wait even though she’s in the same boat. TL was in the portal. Had to have been in order completely be contacted by coaches and take visits. Would’ve been NCAA violation otherwise.

Top Bottom