Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters Drummer, Dies at 50

Wow. That's harsh.

I always got annoyed when people made jokes about him being "the 2nd best drummer in Foo Fighters." Hawkins was just excellent. Sounds like he was a truly nice guy too.

RIP

Listening to the Foos right now. As noted in several of the news reports, one of the hallmarks of their live show was when Hawkins would come out to sing lead on Queen's "Somebody to Love" and Grohl would take over the drums.

I believe the Foos were scheduled to do a show in the Twin Cities later this year. - yeah, U. S. Bank Stadium on August 3rd.

Listening to the Foos right now. As noted in several of the news reports, one of the hallmarks of their live show was when Hawkins would come out to sing lead on Queen's "Somebody to Love" and Grohl would take over the drums.

I believe the Foos were scheduled to do a show in the Twin Cities later this year. - yeah, U. S. Bank Stadium on August 3rd.
I have tickets. I wonder if I'll ever see them again. If not a big part of my life will have changed. I've seen them basically every 3 years for 25 years now. Never disappoints and is the best show I've ever seen. Such a sad day.

I have tickets. I wonder if I'll ever see them again. If not a big part of my life will have changed. I've seen them basically every 3 years for 25 years now. Never disappoints and is the best show I've ever seen. Such a sad day.

I have tickets too. Was bummed when they moved it from TCF. I wouldn't be surprised if the tour is cancelled or at least postponed.

I always got annoyed when people made jokes about him being "the 2nd best drummer in Foo Fighters." Hawkins was just excellent. Sounds like he was a truly nice guy too.

RIP
While I was never much into their music, Grohl & Hawkins (and I assume the others in the band) seem like genuinely good dudes.

16 responses for this guy! Quickly catching up to the incomparable Deady White.

When I have some time, I plan to watch the entire tribute concert. I think the full show went for nearly six hours.

Geddy and Alex back together with Dave on drums. So much drum excellence in this entire set up.

Warning: The time off seems to have de-aged Geddy's voice. It's the shriekiest it's been years.

Top Bottom