Taylor-Dixon Joins Minnesota Staff As Senior Associate Athletic Director

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per U of MN:

Ayo Taylor-Dixon will join the University of Minnesota athletics management team as a senior associate athletic director, Minnesota interim director of athletics Beth Goetz announced today.

Taylor-Dixon comes to Minnesota from the University of Northern Colorado, where he was a senior associate athletic director since 2014. At Minnesota, some of his main responsibilities will be to oversee the marketing department and sales and service operations.

“I am thrilled that Ayo will be joining our staff,” said Goetz. “He has worked in nearly every facet of collegiate athletics and will bring an expansive skill set to our department. Ayo is a strong leader with a proven background in marketing and revenue generation.”

Taylor-Dixon, who is also the 2nd Vice President of the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators, is expected to begin his new role on March 21.

“I could not be more excited to join the staff at the University of Minnesota,” said Taylor-Dixon. “I want to thank the search committee and Beth Goetz for allowing me this opportunity. It’s a transformative time at Minnesota, and I look forward to being part of something special as Gopher athletics takes the next step toward greatness.”

Taylor-Dixon was at Northern Colorado since early 2014 and oversaw the external operations group in communications, development, sponsorship program, marketing and promotions, ticket operations, ticket sales and service, video and social media. Taylor-Dixon also served as a spokesperson for the department and was involved in facility planning.

In his short time at Northern Colorado, he revamped the external staff and helped develop a new website for the department. His efforts and leadership helped increase sponsorship by 50 percent, and he also negotiated a broadcast agreement with Comcast that brought the university unprecedented exposure. Taylor-Dixon reorganized the ticket office and the department saw increased sales under his lead. He assisted in the hiring and contract negotiations with head coaches and scheduled football and basketball games.

Taylor-Dixon was at the University of South Florida from 2006-2014, and was a senior associate athletic director before he left for Northern Colorado. He oversaw communications, broadcasting and video, and he was also responsible for all sport marketing plans and production of marketing materials. Taylor-Dixon also devised a strategic plan for ticket sales and oversaw game presentation, promotions, website marketing and branding.

He was also a sport administrator at South Florida and was the licensing contact and department contact with the school’s official merchandiser. He implemented South Florida’s dynamic ticket pricing and a comprehensive social media rewards program.

From 2002-2006, he was an assistant athletic director external affairs at the University of Evansville. While at Evansville, some of his duties involved managing game presentation and promotions, being a fundraising liaison and working with corporate sponsors.

Taylor-Dixon graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration in 2000. While an undergrad, he was a member of the track and field team and was also a student-athlete advisory committee representative. He earned his master’s degree in interdisciplinary studies with emphases in business, communications and kinesiology in 2002 from Stephen F. Austin as well.

Taylor-Dixon and his wife, Beth, have three children.

Maybe I'm off but this tells me we are keeping Goetz.

If that's the case, and they still are going through with paying a large sum of a money for a search firm, they are more incompetent than I already believe (which is very incompetent)

If that's the case, and they still are going through with paying a large sum of a money for a search firm, they are more incompetent than I already believe (which is very incompetent)
It's all politics, gotta apiece the people who want a search and make it look legit. The money's chump change to these guys at the end of the day

Who the bleep lets an Interim AD make high level staffing hires during a search for the new AD. Might as well name Goetz the AD and get it over with.

I wonder how long this position was open before it was filled.

Maybe I'm off but this tells me we are keeping Goetz.

Yep, Goetz it is. So, it's going to take until mid-summer to make official the inevitable candidate that's been known since last August? That would be laughable if it weren't so depressing.

Top Bottom