Targeting

Alabama d back just hammered a Washington receiver, straight on head to head.... not even a mention.

I slo mo'd that and as much as I hate the application of the rule it was probably a good no call because he didn't lower his helmet. Now, we've had some arguing that the face mask is part of the crown of the helmet (nonsensical but does it really surprise?) thus that hit would in fact qualify as targeting. Creeping definitions.

I slo mo'd that and as much as I hate the application of the rule it was probably a good no call because he didn't lower his helmet. Now, we've had some arguing that the face mask is part of the crown of the helmet (nonsensical but does it really surprise?) thus that hit would in fact qualify as targeting. Creeping definitions.

Got it...
But I would be impossible to disagree that B1G officiating really has it in the forefront of their mind while working games, in comparison to crews from the other conferences.

I tried to take a screen shot of that play. If that was a Gopher, the entire secondary would've been ejected. Contact to the head or neck on a defenseless receiver=targeting......except Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the iowa game just now that targeting would have been called on us all day.

Top Bottom