Tanner Morgan's Mustache

It is about as impressive as the hair between his ears.

Ha! Individualism! We're not use to seeing it so will be different at first. After a while it will be a natural look.

Tanner's off to a great start.

Grew my one and only mustache starting in November 1975...was a senior in HS and had already been sporting significant sideburns for a couple of years.

Coming up on 45 years without it ever being removed. Pretty much bearded since 1976, but they have come and gone but the 'stache has not left.

For you younger GHers...if you are inclined to have a mustache and beard...grow them BEFORE you meet your significant other. Much harder to add after this happens...

Tanner's off to a great start.

Grew my one and only mustache starting in November 1975...was a senior in HS and had already been sporting significant sideburns for a couple of years.

Coming up on 45 years without it ever being removed. Pretty much bearded since 1976, but they have come and gone but the 'stache has not left.

For you younger GHers...if you are inclined to have a mustache and beard...grow them BEFORE you meet your significant other. Much harder to add after this happens...
I feel like I should be hearing some Ozark Mountain Daredevils while reading your post ?

Keep the stache so fans can start to wear fake moustaches to games

I really want for Tanner to see this, and i really want that scenario, exactly, to happen. That's next level, surely the kind of wholesome energy (not *momentum) the Gophers need to carry through the season!

* ;)

Close...I am from Georgia and grew up with Atlanta Rhythm Section, but am more a B-52s and REM kind of guy...all from GA.
Went on an ARS binge to help with the stay at home thing. I haven’t listened to the Daredevils in quite a while - now, I know what’s going to be playing next!

WAGopher said:
"Went on an ARS binge to help with the stay at home thing. I haven’t listened to the Daredevils in quite a while - now, I know what’s going to be playing next!"

I'm an 80s alternative rock guy at heart.

Both UGA (WUOG) and GA State (KRAS) had kick-ass alt rock radio stations in the 70s and 80s. KRAS played both sides of "Dark Side of the Moon" when that came out. Like, regularly. THAT was on the edge in those days. A close LA analog in the late 70s into 80s was KROQ.

If this is part of your genres, try Pandora channels "Echo and The Bunnymen," "The B-52s," and "Flock of Seagulls." Good stuff if that is where your music bread got buttered in that time. Not for everyone I know...

Back to what WAGopher offered, "Doraville" is a real place BTW.

WAGopher said:
"Went on an ARS binge to help with the stay at home thing. I haven’t listened to the Daredevils in quite a while - now, I know what’s going to be playing next!"

I'm an 80s alternative rock guy at heart.

Both UGA (WUOG) and GA State (KRAS) had kick-ass alt rock radio stations in the 70s and 80s. KRAS played both sides of "Dark Side of the Moon" when that came out. Like, regularly. THAT was on the edge in those days. A close LA analog in the late 70s into 80s was KROQ.

If this is part of your genres, try Pandora channels "Echo and The Bunnymen," "The B-52s," and "Flock of Seagulls." Good stuff if that is where your music bread got buttered in that time. Not for everyone I know...

Back to what WAGopher offered, "Doraville" is a real place BTW.
Thank you for the tip for Echo and the Bunnymen. I don’t think I’ve heard their music since the 80’s. I’ll definitely listen to them this week.

Another under-appreciated artist near that genre is Moon Martin. In his early days he was a session musician and member of a couple rockabilly / country rock bands. By the time he went solo in the late 70’s, he was more New Wave. Robert Palmer recorded his Bad Case of Loving You.

PJ should hire Atlanta Braves' coach Sal Fasano as team mustache coach. Great effort by Tanner, but Sal could really elevate his game.

Sal+Fasano+Atlanta+Braves+Photo+Day+W8A9-LuFyaWl.jpg

Plenty of folks are just letting the facial hair grow during quarantine. Why the heck not? Most of us have no where to go and nothing to prove.

I have never gone longer than like 2 weeks without shaving. Going on a month now.

If civilization is wiped out, now I can move to the hills and become a mountain man.

Plenty of folks are just letting the facial hair grow during quarantine. Why the heck not? Most of us have no where to go and nothing to prove.

I have never gone longer than like 2 weeks without shaving. Going on a month now.

If civilization is wiped out, now I can move to the hills and become a mountain man.

1587361294275.png

Grizzly Adams. One of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

One hopes he can eventually do better than this:
324e9d3f470ebc05aaa80a8f177dfc6154951efc78594027b08c9ede7cef0d9b_1.jpg

Hop in the quarantine stache boat. I am also rowing.

As a quarantine stache ... I like it.

As an everyday thing ... it's kinda messy college kid excited about facial hair thing ... not great.

Love me some ARS.
A fan here too...my older siblings had several of their albums when I was a young lad. I looked up to Paul Goddard, not only for his fabulous bass playing but because at the time he and I could both light a fire with some dry grass and our spectacles. Kindred spirits.

Top Bottom