Tanner Morgan signed by the Vikings

Cousins, from the games I’ve watched seems like he benefits from receivers and tight ends with great hands and/ or separation skills. As someone who doesn’t watch much NFL anymore (and trying to minimize homer factor) where would he go in a QB exclusive draft? I have no idea.

Cousins, from the games I’ve watched seems like he benefits from receivers and tight ends with great hands and/ or separation skills. As someone who doesn’t watch much NFL anymore (and trying to minimize homer factor) where would he go in a QB exclusive draft? I have no idea.
Around 10th

Around 10th

OK, so maybe a fringe Super Bowl-level talent, if he has the right pieces. That’s the trouble with parity and salary caps, hard to build a dominant team. Cousins doesn’t look like he can be his own blocker, either.

Did he even earn enough Practice Squad $$ for a case of Duck, Duck Beer?

I would say near the bottom of the first tier or at the top of the second. Like gopherbadgerman said, around 10th. He's good, but I've never seen him as a QB that elevates the play of those around him. Jefferson can take over a game and Cousins can get him the ball if he has time. But Cousins can't take over a game (at least in my estimation).

Cousins has excellent numbers but when the game is on the line you can count on him to deflate like an old balloon

He led numerous late game comebacks last year and yet people still parrot this tired old BS.
All the numbers say he's really good, but think he lacks the intangibles, whatever that is defined as

He led numerous late game comebacks last year and yet people still parrot this tired old BS.
He literally has one game of consequence where he did not choke when the game was on the line and brought the victory. The rest you refer to were of zero consequence. When it matters he's not good, dude. Show me evidence of his playoff acumen. Show me evidence where the season was on the line and he pulled through. Last year was a joke season where we were again totally exposed in the playoffs, and dude is going to be totally exposed more than usual without JJ. He's a stat stuffer and that's it.

He literally has one game of consequence where he did not choke when the game was on the line and brought the victory. The rest you refer to were of zero consequence. When it matters he's not good, dude. Show me evidence of his playoff acumen. Show me evidence where the season was on the line and he pulled through. Last year was a joke season where we were again totally exposed in the playoffs, and dude is going to be totally exposed more than usual without JJ. He's a stat stuffer and that's it.
You're right I forgot about last year's game where Kirk Cousins gave up over 400 yards to the Giants defensively.

Cousins lacks intangibles because he has played on bad football teams. That was a bad Vikings team that went 13-4 last year behind him Cousins and Jefferson. They had an awful defense.

If the 49ers would have went through with one of the numerous rumors they were going after Kirk, he’d be a Super Bowl winner. He is good enough to win one with a good team, not good enough to make a team contender by himself.

The “Kirk can’t win the big ones” reminds me of when I was told “KG can’t win the big ones”.

All the numbers say he's really good, but think he lacks the intangibles, whatever that is defined as
If you can't define it, how do you know whether he has it or not?

The NFL is at the pinnacle of football. Many good college football players will never have the chance. At least TM got a taste.

Ko Kieft is a great story. He was ready for his next career when Tampa Bay came calling in Round 6.

It will fun to see your reaction next year with a rookie QB helming a 3-14 season.
Our family has had season tickets since the 60’s n during that time you could argue how many franchise QB’s we have had past Fran. Daunte until he was injured, Warren n Bret @ the end of their careers. That takes epic level of poor management choices. I would much rather them take a rookie n try to develop a top tier QB . Cousins will never win championships……

OK, so maybe a fringe Super Bowl-level talent, if he has the right pieces. That’s the trouble with parity and salary caps, hard to build a dominant team. Cousins doesn’t look like he can be his own blocker, either.
Where would you rank him?

Where would you rank him?

Well, I quit heavily watching the NFL or following other teams after Favre. I‘d say he’s an average looking NFL QB in terms of arm strength and accuracy. Good anticipation. He doesn't turn it over routinely which is a huge plus. He isn’t real mobile so it‘s likely his sack rate is elevated, and it might be harder for him to convert long third downs if his blockers aren’t perfect. Sometime loses situational awareness like the end of the playoff game last season.

Way, way better than Tarvaris or Christian.. I would have guessed somewhere in the second tier down from elite playmaker level. 10 seems about right lacking any context.

Does Green Bay love Jordan?

I just saw Love’s backup is…Sean Clifford? Good Lord…

I guess the contract with the devil has been rescinded.

Charlie Walters comment in the paper yesterday.

>> Ex-Gophers QB Tanner Morgan was to get $12,000 last week for being on the Vikings practice squad.

Charlie Walters comment in the paper yesterday.

>> Ex-Gophers QB Tanner Morgan was to get $12,000 last week for being on the Vikings practice squad.
Almost NIL-scale compensation...at least for some...

Great for Tanner. That should pay a couple of bills don'tcha know...

So does tanner immediately return to the Gophers staff?

We should work out a deal with the Vikings where former staff players “intern” on the practice squad….

Kirk has his flaws but he's waaay down the list of why the Vikings have had struggles the last few years.
The QBs in the NFL are so flawed in this era. There are 20 teams that would take Kirk in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom