Tanner Morgan Heisman Candidacy

Interestingly, Tanner’s numbers are actually better, in most areas. Imagine if Tanner had 500+ pass attempts? Of course, they don’t need or want him to throw that often. Brees was much more of a gunslinger in college than Morgan has been, and his defense sucked.

Interesting - I would have expected Brees college completion % numbers to be higher. I remember him as being a very accurate college passer.

Interesting - I would have expected Brees college completion % numbers to be higher. I remember him as being a very accurate college passer.

Yeah, he took a lot of chances, because his defense couldn’t stop anyone from scoring, and ended up throwing it to the other team a few too many times. His style of play is so much different now. Let’s hope Morgan doesn’t have to throw 550 passes, but if he does, he’ll probably get something like 5000 yards and 45-50 TDs. That’s probably what it would take to be a legit Heisman contender, though.

Yeah, he took a lot of chances, because his defense couldn’t stop anyone from scoring, and ended up throwing it to the other team a few too many times. His style of play is so much different now. Let’s hope Morgan doesn’t have to throw 550 passes, but if he does, he’ll probably get something like 5000 yards and 45-50 TDs. That’s probably what it would take to be a legit Heisman contender, though.
3000 yards and 30 touchdowns won’t get you a Heisman unless:

A) you run for 1000+ and have 12+ rushing touchdowns

or

B) your team is in the playoff

or

C) you are the quarterback of USC and USC is top 15

I don’t even remember this play, but he showed decent wheels here. He’s an accurate passer on the run, and has shown some flashes of adequate mobility. As he gains more experience, I expect he’ll improve his movement in the pocket, and feel for the rush.

Top Bottom