Tanner Morgan ‘takes the most crap,’ but Gophers QB has ‘carried himself so well’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

“I have the most respect for that guy,” receiver Chris Autman-Bell said. “He takes the most crap every day from all fans, all people in the world. He has the hardest positions in the world, the hardest position on the football team. I’m proud of that guy, I love him to death.”

Go Gophers!!

Hearing that from one of the leaders on the team probably is part of the reason the coach stuck with him.
Now that the Gophers have nothing to lose, I hope they are the aggressor all day tomorrow.

Hearing that from one of the leaders on the team probably is part of the reason the coach stuck with him.
Now that the Gophers have nothing to lose, I hope they are the aggressor all day tomorrow.
Heck yeah. Go for it.

I get what you are saying in that we have nothing to lose as far as getting into BT Championship, but we have a lot to lose tomorrow - going 1-9 vs rivals, losing 3/4 BT games to finish a season, going into offseason (yes, there would be a bowl game) with little momentum, etc...there's A LOT to lose tomorrow.

Go Gophers!!

I get what you are saying in that we have nothing to lose as far as getting into BT Championship, but we have a lot to lose tomorrow - going 1-9 vs rivals, losing 3/4 BT games to finish a season, going into offseason (yes, there would be a bowl game) with little momentum, etc...there's A LOT to lose tomorrow.

Go Gophers!!
Yes you are right. I guess I am just hoping the offensive play calling is like first half vs Nebraska x2

I hope he returns next season, if he feels that is the right decision for him.

I feel like we said this about Mitch Leidner, Adam Weber, etc

This is said about most every QB at every level. When it's a college QB they say "he carries himself so well, future coach, leader". When it's a pro QB, they say "that mfer rich"

(but seriously, Tanner does and he's a good dude)

Gophers had nothing to lose last year vs Wisconsin and they stilled showed up with the most passive playcalling ever.

per Greder:

“I have the most respect for that guy,” receiver Chris Autman-Bell said. “He takes the most crap every day from all fans, all people in the world. He has the hardest positions in the world, the hardest position on the football team. I’m proud of that guy, I love him to death.”

Go Gophers!!

Not all fans. Most fans think you’re (way) down the list of problems.

Like Mitch before him, he gives you everything he has, in every facet. Period.

Its weird if Tanner is the best QB we have, then we will regress if he doesnt return

I feel like we said this about Mitch Leidner, Adam Weber, etc

This is said about most every QB at every level. When it's a college QB they say "he carries himself so well, future coach, leader". When it's a pro QB, they say "that mfer rich"

(but seriously, Tanner does and he's a good dude)
BOOM! This is spot on.

When you are a leader, like a QB is, you become the point for hyoeranalysis, criticism and sh#t in general. It's different for Tanner only in that he lost his father between seasons. Part of growing up is having to overcome emotional obstacles whether they are fair or not.

You have to rise above it.

I kinda hope he returns just to piss off all the haters.
I'd wear a Tanner Morgan Fan club shirt just to throw gasoline on that fire. What more can you ask from a guy.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

Glad todays flavor was win!

11-16, 199, 1 TD, 1 INT (tipped). Kudos. If he played 60% as well as he did today against Illinois (and BG), we'd be 10-2 and playing next week.

Love Tanner but not true. Even if we beat BG and ILL we place 2nd in tie breaker to Iowa. We had to beat Iowa. Geez people, do some research.

Gophers had nothing to lose last year vs Wisconsin and they stilled showed up with the most passive playcalling ever.
I've blasted PJ for being too conservative, but damn Scott Frost could have learned something from PJ on Friday. If he would have ran the ball and trusted his defense this year. They for sure beat Iowa and they likely win 3-4 more games this year.

The passive playcalling looks obviously stupid when it doesn't work but it's kind of how hindsight works.

PJs team and player’s have proven to have a lot of grit.

Kill, Mason, Brewster teams…noticeably less.

PJs team and player’s have proven to have a lot of grit.

Kill, Mason, Brewster teams…noticeably less.
I thought grit was the calling card of BJ's teams, not PJ's!

I think better things are around the corner for both coaches, fans need only sit back and watch it unfold.

Top Bottom