Tanner isn't going anywhere

He is married and bald, move on. Its time for the next cowboy. In one year he will have a beer belly while watching his highlights, wearing his white tank top. One day he will be bragging to his kids that he could throw the football 40 yards and could run a 4.9 second forty yard dash.

"Women weaken legs!"- Mickey

When Woody Hayes coached at OSU, the coaches there roll their eyes when they got invited to a player's wedding. It took the edge off the player
Yeah man can't be having these kids have lives of their own!

He is married and bald, move on. Its time for the next cowboy. In one year he will have a beer belly while watching his highlights, wearing his white tank top. One day he will be bragging to his kids that he could throw the football 40 yards and could run a 4.9 second forty yard dash.
Or worse, he could be posting on a message board.

Really...wow...just a little bit of anger showing through there bud. Jealous? Or are you joking...

Interesting that Kristoff’s dad is named Tom and you used your first name in your gopherhole handle.

Personally, marriage is a great thing. Billds heartily endorse it. Good for Tanner.

The Billds however did it kind of late. For you youngsters out there...the younger you marry the better chance you have to actually know your grandchildren if your family is so blessed.

This is not the same as whether anyone responsible for grandchildren is ready to be resposible at an early age...two different things.

The fact-of-life here is that waiting till everything is perfect to get married and have kids in itself has a cost...depending on how one looks at it.

No regrets. Can't go back. Just a note to those who have these choices (or not) ahead...

I could easily see Morgan becoming a coach when his playing career ends.

To be clear - I don't see any way his career continues after college. So the question is whether he wants to come back for one more season after this year. Personally, I'm doubtful.

Next year could be a big transition year for the Gophers, with a lot of this year's seniors and 'super-seniors' leaving, and maybe a couple of draft-eligible players.

Does Morgan want to stick around to play behind a reconstructed offensive line? Or get married and start the next phase of his life.

Not sure how to take this as it isn't a very good joke with a class guy if it suppose to be a joke. Tanner has high values and will do well in life whatever he chooses to do.

You've had some bad posts on here but this is the lowest you've stooped yet. Congrats.

Not sure how to take this as it isn't a very good joke with a class guy if it suppose to be a joke. Tanner has high values and will do well in life whatever he chooses to do.
Morgan has been a solid guy and has done a good job, we have a bunch of talented guys behind him. College is meant for college kids. Just saying it is time to move on.

Morgan has been a solid guy and has done a good job, we have a bunch of talented guys behind him. College is meant for college kids. Just saying it is time to move on.
Well, yeah, they're talented compared to that noodle-armed kid from Totino Grace last year. If they're talented enough to compete in the Big 10, they shouldn't need some fat old man to step aside so they can see the field.

If not, maybe the best player should just play.

So fing bitter. Wow

sorry your kid didn’t get as scholarship , but the Tommies kind of play D1

So fing bitter. Wow

sorry your kid didn’t get as scholarship , but the Tommies kind of play D1
Who are the retards that keep on thinking I have a kid, I go to the University. I know most of these players.

Who are the retards that keep on thinking I have a kid, I go to the University. I know most of these players.
It’s a joke about the QB.
I have an uncle who’s mentally handicapped and find that word incredibly offensive as that is not a joke, but a heavy cross for any to carry.
I’m thinking it was simply a mistake for you to have used that term, however it’s probably time strike it from your vocabulary permanently.
😊 thanks

Last edited:

I could easily see Morgan becoming a coach when his playing career ends.

To be clear - I don't see any way his career continues after college. So the question is whether he wants to come back for one more season after this year. Personally, I'm doubtful.

Next year could be a big transition year for the Gophers, with a lot of this year's seniors and 'super-seniors' leaving, and maybe a couple of draft-eligible players.

Does Morgan want to stick around to play behind a reconstructed offensive line? Or get married and start the next phase of his life.
He is back next year 100%.
Either playing or coaching...

He is back next year 100%.
Either playing or coaching...
If he's coaching he's probably already vested. Seems like he's been here 8 years. Maybe because my memory only chooses to go back to 2019 and that seems like 8 years ago.

Fleck has said that some that stay and leave will surprise people. I just hope that the people who stay don't cause a ripple affect of others deciding to transfer.

Say Morgan stays for another year, will those behind him see the clock ticking and transfer. Fleck has a lot of recruiting to do on and off the roster.

That decision will make itself - Fleck won't have much to do with that. That said, we will continue to b!tch about the playcalling, etc. as long as he is in there. Tanner is a great leader and an above average college QB. The 11-2 year, he was surrounded by great athletes. If they wish to elevate the position though - and make the OC look like a genius with a better arm back there - it should be with somebody else 5 yeards deep behind center. That thought might keep somebody from transferring. They clearly dont trust Tanner with some of his physical limitations. He would have greatly benefitted by having more of a TE oriented Offense at times.

If Tanner leaves after this year he'll at the very least get some looks/tryouts. He's probably a top 20-25 QB prospect right now and those guys usually get at least some looks.

Top Bottom