Tanner’s arm strength

Uncatchable missile........

Stupid. It was probably his best throw of the day. He was not very sharp prior to that and no where near a missile. Just a plain drop by MBS. Terrible performance on the offense end all around and this had no business not being a TD.

I love how people think his arm strength is so weak, but also the ball he threw to MBS was an uncatchable missile.
Uncatchable missile? I assume you are talking about the drop in the end zone? Any good high school receiver catches that ball nine times out of ten. I mean, it happens. MBS is a quality receiver. He just dropped it. He makes that play 49 out of 50 times I bet.

Uncatchable missile? I assume you are talking about the drop in the end zone? Any good high school receiver catches that ball nine times out of ten. I mean, it happens. MBS is a quality receiver. He just dropped it. He makes that play 49 out of 50 times I bet.
I agree it should’ve been caught. I was taking a jab at the people saying he threw it too hard, I thought it was funny considering so many complain about his lack of arm strength.

I agree it should’ve been caught. I was taking a jab at the people saying he threw it too hard, I thought it was funny considering so many complain about his lack of arm strength.
Ah... I often make fun of people for not having their sarcasm meters on. My own failed here. Sorry.

I thought the Hail Mary that he threw about 23 yards was very impressive.
There was a stumble after being flushed and being chased by the Purdue defensive end. That is why the throw came out janky and wobbly, a little bit of turf monster after being chased.

I think we can all agree, that the QB, Oline, RB, and WR all had bad moments in Saturday's game. Re-watch the throw, it was tad behind to the backside a little and into the body and it was thrown hard, a catch the WR usually should make. Seen Tanner make a lot of great throws and on the money throws, this was not one of the best of the day even. There were some fantastic backside throws on crossing routes that take a lot of accuracy. I don't think I have been one to question his arm strength, or pander after a back up QB. I wasn't trying to lay blame all on the QB but it was key play in the game and thought everyone was roasting the wide receiver a little too much. Pro QB's throw like this too so that the defender cannot make a play on the ball, likely what he was doing to try and avoid linebackers underneath. Catch there and it might have been a different ball game.

Arm strength is a nice bonus but seems like outside bizzaro level low arm strength…. It would be pretty low on the list of priorities.

He has a strong arm, I saw him throw a beer bottle across the street one Saturday night after a game, he was aiming for a trash can and he hit a guy with a Wisconsin Jersey in the back of the head. The bottle had great velocity.

He has a strong arm, I saw him throw a beer bottle across the street one Saturday night after a game, he was aiming for a trash can and he hit a guy with a Wisconsin Jersey in the back of the head. The bottle had great velocity.
tony-romo-terrell-owens.gif

Re-watch the throw, it was tad behind to the backside a little and into the body and it was thrown hard, a catch the WR usually should make. Seen Tanner make a lot of great throws and on the money throws, this was not one of the best of the day even. There were some fantastic backside throws on crossing routes that take a lot of accuracy. I don't think I have been one to question his arm strength, or pander after a back up QB. I wasn't trying to lay blame all on the QB but it was key play in the game and thought everyone was roasting the wide receiver a little too much.
No.
An 8th grade kid that doesn't trip over his feet catches that ball. Tanner didn't play well, but this is a D1 power 5 receiver. That ball HAS to be caught and is 50% of the reason we didn't win that ballgame.

Top Bottom