Take the Wonderlic test and report your score.

47. Apparently I messed up one of the puzzles, though I have no idea how and they don't rewrite the questions at the end to check. One question I apparently read a word incorrectly, which led to the wrong answer (otherwise had it correct), but oops! And for the third error, it was one of the "bold word" questions, and for whatever reason my browser did not show any bold words on my screen, so I had to best-guess on those (and apparently got one of them "wrong").

There was one question where two of the three entries both seemed true ("different" and "unrelated" both seemed correct), and I apparently guessed "correctly". I'd post it here, because seems to be a pretty egregious mistake by them, but then I'd be presenting a spoiler, so can't do that. I'm sure, especially on free, online practice tests such as this, that some of the writers mess up their own answers...I assume/hope that this doesn't happen on the actual tests.

You're clearly insane. You know that, right?

I've taken the wonderlic. This is not even close the wonderlic in terms of difficulty.
As I was going through it, I was wondering if this was watered down. I am awful at Math and I worked through all the math questions rather easily. Almost feels like this is set up to laugh at the “dumb jocks”.

46. I didn’t realize it wasn’t timed.

In full disclosure, I used more than 12 minutes as my connection is terrible right now. I also did not get the words bolded that should have been. I scored 45. Easy to miss context in any of these questions. Fun exercise.

I had a 44, my failures were when I blew past the two spatial questions too fast, and should have a pen and piece of paper in front of me for a couple of the math questions. I blew at least one word definition question; antonym Q I think.\

I have always disliked the spatial questions, and waste way too much time on them, but can solve the missing word, words out of order questions without pausing. Our brains are certainly not all wired the same.

Last edited:

47. Apparently I messed up one of the puzzles, though I have no idea how and they don't rewrite the questions at the end to check. One question I apparently read a word incorrectly, which led to the wrong answer (otherwise had it correct), but oops! And for the third error, it was one of the "bold word" questions, and for whatever reason my browser did not show any bold words on my screen, so I had to best-guess on those (and apparently got one of them "wrong").

There was one question where two of the three entries both seemed true ("different" and "unrelated" both seemed correct), and I apparently guessed "correctly". I'd post it here, because seems to be a pretty egregious mistake by them, but then I'd be presenting a spoiler, so can't do that. I'm sure, especially on free, online practice tests such as this, that some of the writers mess up their own answers...I assume/hope that this doesn't happen on the actual tests.

https://beatthewonderlic.com/take-a-free-wonderlic-test-online/ Here is a timed version, which gives a much more accurate representation of your score. Still not sure how close the questions are to a real test but seems just as legit as any other online wonderlic test.

So I went and did the "timed" Wonderlic sample test in skyman's link and my score dropped from 47 to 44, even though I completed the full exam within the 12 minutes. The problem in the timed version was that as I went through in that one, knowing I'd lose points if I wasted time, if the problem seemed to me like it might take excessive time I edu-guessed and went forward, which I most certainly did with a few of the more time-consuming math problems. I'm not sure how much time I took to finish, for all I know I could have spent more time on some of those.

Notably, the second site (with the timed test) also says this:
People who take our course average increasing their score 10.6 points in less than 3 hours with our online course
Sure would be nice to be able to get a 55!

Last edited:

I've taken the wonderlic. This is not even close the wonderlic in terms of difficulty.

This test is way easier than the wonderlic. I also didn't time myself so I was probably over as well, but 49.

There were a couple of questions on the wonderlic that I could have spent 5 minutes figuring out. This test is not at all similar.

Last edited:

44 - I didn’t read instructions closely enough on some of the word definition questions.

I got 41 but was racing against the clock .... but the TV was playing in the background ... and my wife was telling me to get off the computer and come talk to her ... and I am extremely young and I will be extremely young next year ... in fact I am one of the youngest on this board ... but that is not an excuse ... I take full responsibility .... it is not an excuse ... I need to be able to overcome adversity ...

Jeudy scored a 9, Tua got a 13, and Jedrick Wills got 9 as well.

A score of 11 or below signals illiteracy, and Tua isn't far off. Alabama is as shady as it gets; they clearly don't give two rips about fostering their young athlete's intellectual development. Then there's the whole cheating aspect, understanding that these guys could not possibly pass college classes without heavy tutor/program "intervention".

45 - Definitely not Pat McInally but not Morris Claiborne either.

A score of 11 or below signals illiteracy, and Tua isn't far off. Alabama is as shady as it gets; they clearly don't give two rips about fostering their young athlete's intellectual development. Then there's the whole cheating aspect, understanding that these guys could not possibly pass college classes without heavy tutor/program "intervention".

Tua’s score was actually a 19 according to subsequent reports. Dan Marino scored a 16 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Communication from PITT.

It's amazing (or perhaps not) that in a country where data privacy and confidentiality is purported to be so valued and heavily litigated, year after year we see Wonderlic scores leaked and shared. It's rather appalling that Dan Marino, nearing 60 years of age, still pops up in conversation every year we see these scores emerge.

As has been pointed out here by a couple posters-this test we've all taken isn't an actual Wonderlic exam, falling far short of the rigor of the actual exam. Richard Sherman commented upon the lack of seriousness the test is given this past week. And what does it matter? Jerry Jeudy is lauded by many for his route running, which requires superior technical skills, which to me, doesn't reflect a dullard. Tua showed himself to be a masterful processor of defenses amidst pressure which demanded quick decision making. Dan Orlovsky, the guy who ran out of the back of an end zone for no reason, is concerned about what the low score means? To judge them on a test that very likely wasn't taken seriously, in the midst of everything else that occurs at the combine is unfair and the only service the Wonderlic seems to provide is for armchair fans to laugh at and feel superior to those who score low.

Yes, I agree. I’ve taken other online Wonderlic tests, and this one was definitely too easy. If anyone were to actually get a 9 on the test we all just took, I would absolutely question their ability to learn a playbook.

Tua’s score was actually a 19 according to subsequent reports. Dan Marino scored a 16 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Communication from PITT.
To be fair to Tua, he’s dealing with the whole language barrier thing. They should really let him take the test in whatever language they speak in Hawaii

To be fair to Tua, he’s dealing with the whole language barrier thing. They should really let him take the test in whatever language they speak in Hawaii
That oddly enough, would be, Hawaiian.

Mine was pretty messed up. Must be a computer issue cause I'd have my score leaked and be mocked on boards like this one.

I had issues seeing which word was bolded...got 45 and 3 of the ones i missed were bolded ones

I also couldn't tell which words were in bold in my browser but I guessed my way to the right answer in all but one of the questions with bold words.

Scored a 43 on the test, should have scored a 45 as two of the ones I got wrong were just stupid clicks on my part because I rushed it and knew the second I hit the button I picked the wrong one :)

I have no idea what the results of this would have to do with whether I can play football. LOL
The results aren't intended to measure football ability. The purpose of giving the test is largely to measure reading ability and aptitude for learning by reading (as opposed to learning by other methods). As I understand it, there is a conventional wisdom in the NFL that the most efficient way to teach is to give the players written materials, let them review those materials and then apply that information on the practice field and in game action. A poor Wonderlic score doesn't mean the player can't learn and apply the same information, just that he might need to have it presented in a different manner.

The results aren't intended to measure football ability. The purpose of giving the test is largely to measure reading ability and aptitude for learning by reading (as opposed to learning by other methods). As I understand it, there is a conventional wisdom in the NFL that the most efficient way to teach is to give the players written materials, let them review those materials and then apply that information on the practice field and in game action. A poor Wonderlic score doesn't mean the player can't learn and apply the same information, just that he might need to have it presented in a different manner.

Paying attention to detail seems to be a huge part of the test which is a key for players when learning playbooks and what not. Can see why a low score would be concerning to teams.

Take a screenshot and post your score or it doesn’t count.

Top Bottom