Tailgating Flag Pole

Gopherocious

Reaction score
As the season progresses, I always try and upgrade my tailgate. We have Gopher beanbags, canopy, chairs, coolers, grill, etc. What I want to do next it get a large flag to fly like many of you have. The flag is the easy part to find...however, where can I get a tall pole that is sturdy? Do most people make their own or purchase them from somewhere? Thanks in advance for the help!

I made mine using plywood and metal pipe that screwed together. I am sure there are much better designs out there though.

Buck- I did come across that site, just didn't know if that was one of the best options available. Thanks for the help.

AuEGO4- Is your pole just the one piece or is it a telescoping? And did you just screw a wood base to the pole?

Flagpole

Try uncommon flagpole.com. I have had more for several years and it is solid. I get many positive comments from other tailgaters.

As the season progresses, I always try and upgrade my tailgate. We have Gopher beanbags, canopy, chairs, coolers, grill, etc. What I want to do next it get a large flag to fly like many of you have. The flag is the easy part to find...however, where can I get a tall pole that is sturdy? Do most people make their own or purchase them from somewhere? Thanks in advance for the help!

If you don't mind dropping a little coin, roll with the hometown company. I bought mine at the State Fair a few years back and they offered a deal that included free delivery and a stitched American flag (bonus was asking the nice young lady working there to demonstrate the best and quickest way to raise the pole then watching her demo :clap: ). Buy the ground boot and tailgate attachment and you can fly it at home or at your tailgate. I went with a 20' so I can fly two flags at once. Folds into itself and transports at about 7'. Works like a charm. Good Luck!

http://s990.endeavorsuite.biz/productdetail.htm?productId=-9202&browse=-932&shopBy=-431

Yup, I also bought an Uncommon telescoping pole fro Falls Flag Source at The Fair a few years ago. I have it up at all times at home. Great product. Rated for 2 3x5 flags up to 80 mph winds. They also sell the tailgate stands.

Hubby made a flag pole out of a telescoping paint pole. Just drill a couple holes and attach the flag with zipties. A friend of ours made a holder for it out of some pieces of wood (flat long piece for under the tire and then a couple blocks on one end with a hole drilled in then to hold the pole). We've used this for 14 seasons and it's held up beautifully.

Yup, I also bought an Uncommon telescoping pole fro Falls Flag Source at The Fair a few years ago. I have it up at all times at home. Great product. Rated for 2 3x5 flags up to 80 mph winds. They also sell the tailgate stands.

I have the uncommon and the tailgate stand. Solid product.

Pole

Stand

Buck- I did come across that site, just didn't know if that was one of the best options available. Thanks for the help.

AuEGO4- Is your pole just the one piece or is it a telescoping? And did you just screw a wood base to the pole?

I used a piece of plywood as the base to drive over. Then bolted a metal threaded base to the plywood. I got myself a few 5 foot threaded poles with connector and I just screw it all together. At the top of one of the poles I drilled two holes and put some eyelet bolts with caribeaners to clip my flag to. It isn't as tall as I would like it, but I can always just add another pole to make it higher. I think Buck's idea might be a little more expensive, but worth it.

Top Bottom