Tailgate lots on Saturday

Hotdish

Reaction score
Anyone know if they will be open before 08:30 with Gameday coming to town? I decided to purchase a tailgate pass for this weekend, and I would like to get the tailgate set-up before making my way to the set with the family as early as possible. Ideally, for the start of the show.

From what I've heard from people that have went to Gameday at other sites (Madison and Ames), if you want to get into the secured area directly behind the the set, you need to be in line by about 5:30am. Depending on where they set up, there should still be a lot of room around the general vicinity but your chance of getting on TV is low except when they do peripheral shots.

I am not as concerned as getting into the secured area or being on tv. I would just like to get to the tailgate lot earlier than 08:30 so I don't miss at least an hour of the show (when accounting for setting up the tailgate and walking to the set location).

I would like to think that they'd have a plan ready to circulate within the next 24 hours. Hopefully, that will include early access to the tailgate lots, even if they don't want you to set up before 8:30.

I hear this is being discussed as part of the overall plan for Saturday. I have not heard a timeline on when it will be communicated.

According to my sources (the guy who emailed me back on behalf of "Director Coyle"). They are "currently working with the university and parking and transportation and will be coming out with new information shortly. Please stay tuned". I would guess there is a good chance the lots open early.

Top Bottom