Taggart recruiting well at FAU

swingman

Reaction score
sneaky good class for Taggart, who takes over a team that smoked SMU in Bowl for win number 11.

Chris Jones from Pompano was a guy we offered along with a bunch of other Big Ten teams, he flipped from Miles at KU, FAU likes him at lb...Atcavage, an ot from IMG, visited here last summer, was committed to FSU, flipped when Taggart and bunch of his FSU assistants went to FAU...signed some other guys we had offered...3 or 4 jucos in class, Lou Dorsey, te who was good at Illinois but had off field issues may be among them if he gets things in order...also added two transfers from FSU, one from Cinci, one from Duke, one from Clemson, one from SMU, one from CSU...Taggarts kid was a 2,000 pass/1,000 rush qb at University High in Tallahassee...Peter Warricks kid also in class

Last edited:

Kristoff kowalkowski, QB from TG has an offer from them for 2021.

Still has to coach.

Recruiting wasn't his issue at Oregon or FSU.

Recruiting and coaching are 2 different skills.

#1 class in Conference USA which is fairly impressive for someone who just took over (not sure how many of the kids were already committed to Kiffen). Of course that #1 Conference USA class would be ranked 13th in the Big Ten and only ahead of Illinois because they signed a really small class this year. The average recruit ranking at Illinois is higher then FAU.

That said, they should always recruit fairly well being in Florida. Yes there is a lot of competition for players but there is also a ton of talent available in the area.

Fortune Cookie is a fraud and not a very good coach. Tim Brewster, but without the class.

Dads gonna dad
Is this not titled FAU recruiting? Why are there so many people on these discussions that are on the attack mode? Like it is so common for our state athletes to be picking up FBS QB offers. Get real.

Is this not titled FAU recruiting? Why are there so many people on these discussions that are on the attack mode? Like it is so common for our state athletes to be picking up FBS QB offers. Get real.

The only reason any of us have turned on your kid at all is because of the way you have conducted yourself in the 2021 recruiting thread. Most of us root for MN kids to do well regardless of where they end up but you have made it really tough to pull for Kristoff at times.

Typically the only local kids that will catch any kind of flack on here will be the ones with Minnesota offers that choose to go somewhere else. You won't ever hear people attack a kid without a Minnesota offer who goes somewhere else....if you notice the negative comments about Kristoff are really directed at you not the kid.

In spite of your behavior I do still hope things work out for Kristoff and that he ends up finding a good fit for his college career. If it ends up being at FAU, more power to him.

I can see your point, I am not related, but I have watched a lot of these kids play from young on. I think this kid will continue to climb up the ranks and I hope our team does not let one slip away.

For some reason I thought FAU had crooted well relative to their CFB position for quite some time. Sometimes if only because of a random one or two players but I thought they did that fairly often.

Not after he sees that noodle-arm.
Bob I hope this is sarcasm because you usually have good takes but if it's not, that's an awful comment regarding a local kid trying to Iive a dream. Kids done nothing to you, let's wish him well and hope he finds success wherever he ends up.

Bob I hope this is sarcasm because you usually have good takes but if it's not, that's an awful comment regarding a local kid trying to Iive a dream. Kids done nothing to you, let's wish him well and hope he finds success wherever he ends up.

Agree. Tommyboy has been annoying in his over promoting of the Totino QB, but the focus of any comments should be on Tommy and not the kid because he has done nothing in all this.

Only positive reviews of local recruits allowed here?

Only positive reviews of local recruits allowed here?

Come on, you know full well his comment was not an actual review of the kid, it was a shot at Tommyboy for his obsessive promotion of the kid.

But yeah, in general we should all strive to only post positive comments about local high school recruits keeping in mind that they are just teenagers.

For some reason I thought FAU had crooted well relative to their CFB position for quite some time. Sometimes if only because of a random one or two players but I thought they did that fairly often.

Rusty Smith, Devin Singletary, Alfred Morris.

I had to look up the stat line from when FAU played Minnesota back in 2007 because I remember Rusty Smith just about single handily beat the gophers that day. He ended up with 463 yards passing, 5 td, 0 int. The kid put up some big numbers for FAU.

Rusty Smith, Devin Singletary, Alfred Morris.

I had to look up the stat line from when FAU played Minnesota back in 2007 because I remember Rusty Smith just about single handily beat the gophers that day. He ended up with 463 yards passing, 5 td, 0 int. The kid put up some big numbers for FAU.
Yeah as I remember it FAU always seemed to pick up some high performers here and there that cranked up their crooting and paid off pretty well.

Any time I hear the name Taggart I think of Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles.

slim-pickens-2.jpgar the

No you certainly can say what you need to with making it derogatory or personal, that’s all I’m saying.
Come on, you know full well his comment was not an actual review of the kid, it was a shot at Tommyboy for his obsessive promotion of the kid.

But yeah, in general we should all strive to only post positive comments about local high school recruits keeping in mind that they are just teenagers.

I agree with the sentiment, but do not see how ‘noodle-arm’ is a comment that should be unacceptable. I also have not been to the 2021 thread much, if at all, and don’t have full context.

I agree with the sentiment, but do not see how ‘noodle-arm’ is a comment that should be unacceptable. I also have not been to the 2021 thread much, if at all, and don’t have full context.

You should check it out. Tommyboy goes off the deep end in his over promotion of the QB at Totino Grace who currently does not have a Minnesota offer. Enough so that he has created some backlash towards said QB where there really shouldn't be any since the kid has done nothing wrong.

Top Bottom