Ta’lon Cooper will test the NBA Draft waters, while maintaining his eligibility, and will also put his name into transfer portal

Willis ran things much better... under the same coach. The biggest problem with this coach is he put together the roster poorly. He's going to get one more shot at getting a whole roster put together. I hope he gets it done. Odds are long, but it is doable.
I don’t think anyone he’s looking at in the portal is going to move the needle that much to put us in the middle of the big ten standings and not playing again on Wednesday night

I don’t think anyone he’s looking at in the portal is going to move the needle that much to put us in the middle of the big ten standings and not playing again on Wednesday night
He needs to get one PG that surprises us and then some depth. He needs some breaks for sure, but guys do improve- JOJ, Carrington and Payne will be better players. What will Betts be like? Not sure. I think Christie will be good. What if Ihnen and Fox are not useless as some seem to think?
Despite the gloom and doom (which is certainly merited by results so far) this is actually by far the best shape Ben has been in terms of roster at this point in the year.

His back is against the wall but there is a chance here. A lot of coaches wouldn't mind starting with Payne and Garcia.

He needs to get one PG that surprises us and then some depth. He needs some breaks for sure, but guys do improve- JOJ, Carrington and Payne will be better players. What will Betts be like? Not sure. I think Christie will be good. What if Ihnen and Fox are not useless as some seem to think?
Despite the gloom and doom (which is certainly merited by results so far) this is actually by far the best shape Ben has been in terms of roster at this point in the year.

His back is against the wall but there is a chance here. A lot of coaches wouldn't mind starting with Payne and Garcia.
Agree, but hope ain't a strategy. In the event that we DO NOT land that impact PG, what are the options on the roster? Can Christie cover a good chunk of those minutes? I vaguely recall CBJ mentioning Ihnen playing some point forward/PG had he not been injured. Now that would be a sight.

Agree, but hope ain't a strategy. In the event that we DO NOT land that impact PG, what are the options on the roster? Can Christie cover a good chunk of those minutes? I vaguely recall CBJ mentioning Ihnen playing some point forward/PG had he not been injured. Now that would be a sight.
He must land a good PG. I know that Ben things of Christie as a PG/2 combo but they need a quick PG that has been around the block next year. I suppose the other possibility is that Cooper weighs his options and sticks around...but then the 2 and 3 guards have to be quick and able to shoot it. One way or another he has to get guards.

These posts make me laugh.....what does it mean that he's "heard" from these programs??? Are they offering him a scholarship? Have they called and said "we'll get back to you?" Did he call them and they picked up the phone? The portal era is confusing.
An intern sent him an email.

These posts make me laugh.....what does it mean that he's "heard" from these programs??? Are they offering him a scholarship? Have they called and said "we'll get back to you?" Did he call them and they picked up the phone? The portal era is confusing.
They slid into his DM's.

Was really excited when Talon came from Moorhead. His passing is above average and very good for college. The free throw % is horrendous though and being 6’4, you wish he was able to finish better at the rim. 39% FG and 60% FT are killer for a lead ball handler.

It's the same verbiage that's been used with recruiting HS players for years.

Was really excited when Talon came from Moorhead. His passing is above average and very good for college. The free throw % is horrendous though and being 6’4, you wish he was able to finish better at the rim. 39% FG and 60% FT are killer for a lead ball handler.
Yeah, he wasn't perfect but he was one of the only legitimate Big 10 quality players on the team.

Top Bottom