T. Denny Sanford

I'm pumped that we will have a formal HOF. This is the one ammenity that I wanted more than any other, and I have no doubt they will do it first class, as they have done with the entire stadium to date.

Go Gophers!!

I also agree good for T. Denny and the U. The whole donation of $35M back in 2004 (spring? I remember it was VERY out of the blue) was awesome but then muddled with the restrictions he put on, and then him pulling back out. The good was that it really kickstarted the whole stadium drive.

Now he is able to donate a serious chunk of change, helping complete stadium fund raising (band not included - I am doing my part) and also getting something named for himself and his family. Nice to know that there really is enough local support for Gopher football to raise $86M in roughly 2 years time, and do it before the stadium is even open.

Now all we have to do it wait for the first game...

Congrats to T Denny and the U !! A fitting conclusion to how all of this started way back when.

Question: What part of the stadium will the hall of fame be located? Can it be accessed by anyone in the stadium?

Congrats to T Denny and the U !! A fitting conclusion to how all of this started way back when.

Question: What part of the stadium will the hall of fame be located? Can it be accessed by anyone in the stadium?

It's behind the team store. The concern has been that on gamedays it seems like only premium seatholders would have access as the current plans have the HOF entrance/M Club entrance only accessible via the premium seatholder gate. I meant to e-mail Maturi/Phil Esten on this and forgot. Don't know if its set in stone but there was a whole thread on it a while back.

The Yanni Hall of Fame...that would be great. However, the article in the Strib mentioned it would be named after Sanford and his family.

Do I see "The Sanford and Sons Hall of Fame" in our future?

Top Bottom