Syracuse.com: 2015 rankings (No. 52): Minnesota nears Glen Mason Territory (again)

I'm sure the Big10 would look great having a division champ going 1-3 in the non-conference. Not likely to happen ever unless the non-conference schedule is changed drastically.

Not likely, but possible. And in this scenario, they would be 0-3 in the non-conference with a loss in the Big Ten Championship Game.

I am so tired of reading the Glen Mason Territory line, that I'm hoping to win the West, just so that we can permanently bury it.

Perception is not reality. Reality is reality. Perception is perception. Delusion is delusions.

Reality is that most people think Jerry kill is a great guy.
Perception is that Jerry kill is a great guy.
Gopher fan delusion is that Jerry kill is the GREATEST guy of all time.

Yep, we all think he is the best ever! He never, ever gets criticized on here. No Gopher fans were upset when we took a knee at the end of the first half against Missouri.

Yep, we all think he is the best ever! He never, ever gets criticized on here. No Gopher fans were upset when we took a knee at the end of the first half against Missouri.
Or when he was too afraid to play North Carolina. People tore him a new one for that (myself included).

Perception is not reality. Reality is reality. Perception is perception. Delusion is delusions.

Reality is that most people think Jerry kill is a great guy.
Perception is that Jerry kill is a great guy.
Gopher fan delusion is that Jerry kill is the GREATEST guy of all time.

great post :confused: :rolleyes:

"Some Guy" I think I smell a pudie cat who goes by "***********" on other boards? Quit your ankle biting of Kill & go back to where you came from...

RostovGold

I am not talking about coaching decisions when I say that. I am talking about character and personality.

I am not talking about coaching decisions when I say that. I am talking about character and personality.

I'm not sure what your point is? The only things we generally hear and see are good. He does a ton of speaking engagements around the state. High School coaches have great things to say about him. Essentially all we've heard is the good stuff about his character and personality. Are we just supposed to assume that he does $hitty things too because there is no such thing as a great person? You may have heard some bad things but most of us haven't. I'm not sure why you're surprised most Gopher fans think he is a class act.

I'm not sure what your point is? The only things we generally hear and see are good. He does a ton of speaking engagements around the state. High School coaches have great things to say about him. Essentially all we've heard is the good stuff about his character and personality. Are we just supposed to assume that he does $hitty things too because there is no such thing as a great person? You may have heard some bad things but most of us haven't. I'm not sure why you're surprised most Gopher fans think he is a class act.
No.
But you are also not supposed to assume because Jerry kill is a good guy it means glen Mason (or any other coach) was a bad guy as so many gopher fans do.

Jerry kill does not have a monopoly on being a good guy.

No.
But you are also not supposed to assume because Jerry kill is a good guy it means glen Mason (or any other coach) was a bad guy as so many gopher fans do.

Jerry kill does not have a monopoly on being a good guy.

I would love for you to cite one example, let alone "so many", of a Gopher fan calling Glen Mason a bad guy. I'll wait.

While you're researching that, also demonstrate where anyone has said that Jerry Kill is the only good guy who exists.

I don't know if anyone said Mason was a "bad guy" - he and Kill are just different personalities, and different in the way they approach their job. By the end of his tenure, a lot of people felt Mason was not doing all he could to promote the program. Kill, on the other hand, certainly seems to do a lot to promote the program. Kill goes on the sports huddle every week to talk Gopher FB. Mason seemed to vanish in the off-season.

Now- could Kill be putting on an act? could he be a real sum-bitch when the cameras and microphones are off? I suppose it's possible - but there is certainly no public evidence to indicate that Kill is anything but genuine. Yes, he's a D1 head coach, and I'm sure he can get tough with players if he needs to. But, to the best of my memory, the only person who has criticized Kill publicly has been our old pal AJ Barker.

I'd argue that the biggest problem, even bigger than the win/loss record, was Mason's attitude. He knew it all, and he told you he knew it all.
Well when you're 6-7 in your 10th season you either ran into really bad injuries or you don't know it all.
It's just like Ferentz right now, he doesn't want to change his style because he knows it all.
Kill has shown an ability to evolve, develop, and hasn't stopped working hard since he got here. If he ever stops doing those things he will be in Mason territory, until then he's a winning coach still working towards bigger and better things.
Here is one dp

I would love for you to cite one example, let alone "so many", of a Gopher fan calling Glen Mason a bad guy. I'll wait.

While you're researching that, also demonstrate where anyone has said that Jerry Kill is the only good guy who exists.
There are a few right in this thread. Unless you don't think saying kill has a bad attitude amount to a character criticism

I don't know if anyone said Mason was a "bad guy" - he and Kill are just different personalities, and different in the way they approach their job. By the end of his tenure, a lot of people felt Mason was not doing all he could to promote the program. Kill, on the other hand, certainly seems to do a lot to promote the program. Kill goes on the sports huddle every week to talk Gopher FB. Mason seemed to vanish in the off-season.

Now- could Kill be putting on an act? could he be a real sum-bitch when the cameras and microphones are off? I suppose it's possible - but there is certainly no public evidence to indicate that Kill is anything but genuine. Yes, he's a D1 head coach, and I'm sure he can get tough with players if he needs to. But, to the best of my memory, the only person who has criticized Kill publicly has been our old pal AJ Barker.
I never said kill wasn't a good guy

There are a few right in this thread. Unless you don't think saying kill has a bad attitude amount to a character criticism

No, there aren't. You're not making any sense.

Nowhere in that post does he call Mason a bad guy or anything close to it. Poor effort.

You're right. Saying a guy has an attitude problem is not a character flaw.

And anyone with a perfect act score automatically gets into notre dame.

You're right. Saying a guy has an attitude problem is not a character flaw.

And anyone with a perfect act score automatically gets into notre dame.

No, just the ones who apply.

Top Bottom