Suzanne Somers has died at age 76

Her finest role - the girl in the T-Bird in American Graffiti.
I had that same thought.

I saw a re-release of American Graffiti in a theater last year. Smoke show. Cindy Williams also passed away earlier this year.

Roper

He'd rip his wife and then turn to the camera and smile. That was the best ever!
I’m a Roper guy too, but let’s give it up for Don Knotts inhabiting two iconic roles in very different sitcoms (even if his character was basically the same). Not to mention all his work in the Disney movies.

Was Furley even on the show before Chrissy was written out?
No clue - I was thinking you were more of a Furley than Roper type.

Besides, that outfit >>>staid Mr. Rogers sweater.

No love for She’s the Sheriff?

I was reading an obit and found out that she was in a sitcom with Patrick Duffy that ran for 7 years. basically an update on the Brady Bunch - widow with kids marries widower with kids. I never knew that show even existed. tells you how much attention I paid to network TV at the time.

also found out that Somers wrote multiple books on various health-related topics, but she was into a lot of 'alternative' medicine and some unconventional theories. when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, she refused chemo.

Furley. Roper was great too, but Furley took it to another level for me. Don Knotts was a master of that role.
I loved Furley, too........but Roper was just hilarious. So tight with the money, his wife couldn't get any from him and tried everything(that always made me laugh), and the way he'd go after Jack for being on the other side was hilarious. Yet, he'd still give someone the shirt off his back when needed.

Roper ripping on his wife, then smirking at the camera was classic.

Top Bottom