surprised?

caliGopher

Reaction score
Saying the results have been disappointing is an understatement.

Being frustrated i remember that the only way to gauge our chances is to consult the total team talent stat on 24/7.

To say i was surprised is an understatement. In Four years, PJ fleck has taken the #12 team talent ranked Gopher team in 2016 to the #13 ranked team talent in the Big Ten in 2020.

I guess that explains why we can't beat the #6 Maryland Terrapins.

of cousre that doesn't explain how the number 11 Wildcats of Northwetern blew Maryland out 44-3.

Must have been the home field advantage.

Yes, they absolutely laid a brick at NW, but Maryland has a lot of young offensive talent and a very talented young quarterback who was playing and starting in his first game last week still getting use to a new coach and system, after having transferred in from Alabama. I also think Maryland is playing like 20 freshman during the course of their games. Locksley is stocking up some talent.

Last edited:

Yes, they absolutely laid a brick at NW, but Maryland has a lot of young offensive talent and a very talented young quarterback who was playing and starting in his first game last week still getting use to a new coach and system, after having transferred in from Alabama. I also think Maryland is playing like 20 freshman during the course of their games. Locksley is stocking up some talent.
He learned how to do that at Alabama.

You pay the family. Then you get the kid. That's apparently how it works.

DJ Durkin had a couple top 25-30 classes a few years ago, and those guys are their juniors and seniors now. If their QB can do it against a real defense unlike the Gophers they might have a few more good games ahead.

How about Jake Funk, their running back? Never heard of him. 247 graded him as a 3* 85 in-state prospect, for Maryland.

21 carries for 221 yards

Top Bottom