Sure would be nice if

littlebigboy

Reaction score
It sure would be nice if this board could get over the MASON VS. BREWSTER !!!! It's over we now have Coach Kill. Lets get on with it. Bury the hatchet.

We want the media to stop butchering Mason and Brewster and yet we can't do it on this board. I agree, time to move on. Leave the trash to the trolls. Great things are happening.

It sure would be nice if this board could get over the MASON VS. BREWSTER !!!! It's over we now have Coach Kill. Lets get on with it. Bury the hatchet.

But, but, but...........that would be no fun to not have a life full of pissing contests about events of the past that are just that.....in the past......that we can't do anything about. Holy Jesus Martha, littlebigboy, you are expecting an awful lot from some of the GopherHolers. :banghead:

We want the media to stop butchering Mason and Brewster and yet we can't do it on this board. I agree, time to move on. Leave the trash to the trolls. Great things are happening.

No thanks to Brewster

Fact of the matter is that if either one of them wasn't severely flawed, it wouldn't be a debate. Thanks to Mason for pulling the program off the floor and thanks to Brewster for giving it all he had even though he was underwater from Day One. Hoping against hope that Kill quickly and efficiently banishes those two from memory.

There are times where comparing the contrasts between the previous staffs is totally relevant for conversation. I see nothing wrong in comparing when discussing certain aspects. Not sure why people get their pants all in a bundle at the mere mention of Mason or Brewster. The past is relevant, its how we learn, nothing wrong with bringing it up constructively.

There are times where comparing the contrasts between the previous staffs is totally relevant for conversation. I see nothing wrong in comparing when discussing certain aspects. Not sure why people get their pants all in a bundle at the mere mention of Mason or Brewster. The past is relevant, its how we learn, nothing wrong with bringing it up constructively.
You're right, but it's almost never constructive.

Fact of the matter is that if either one of them wasn't severely flawed, it wouldn't be a debate. Thanks to Mason for pulling the program off the floor and thanks to Brewster for giving it all he had even though he was underwater from Day One. Hoping against hope that Kill quickly and efficiently banishes those two from memory.

Mason helped bring a lot to MN football. Bowls, stadium, student interest. I think Brewster helped bring passion back to Gopher football. Although he had two god awful seasons, he indentified great things about this state and got people believing that we should not take a back seat to anyone. I think Kill got himself a great gig and will take advantage of it.

Mason helped bring a lot to MN football. Bowls, stadium, student interest. I think Brewster helped bring passion back to Gopher football. Although he had two god awful seasons, he indentified great things about this state and got people believing that we should not take a back seat to anyone. I think Kill got himself a great gig and will take advantage of it.
Kill has a leg up in that he's not perceived as smug like Mason or cocky like Brewster. He'll do just fine. If it doesn't work out, it won't be lack of effort on Kill's part.

You cant just skip history

They are part of gopher history and will always come up in conversation.

[/B]

No thanks to Brewster

LOL - You forgot Mason. The problem is that everything that can be said about Mason and Brewster has already been said. If you think that by saying it for the 1,001 time that you are going to change anybody’s opinion then you are truly deluded. This is the world's longest running soap opera and it highly predictable and really boring.

It only took one year of Brewster to see the winner there. No contest. I've been over it for 2 years just waiting until Brew was gone. Let's hope Kill can be more Mason like and less Brewster like...

Oh get over yourself. People come on message boards to debate things. If you don't have any interest in the threads debate DON'T F*CKING POST!!!

You do not have the right to decide what is okay to talk about surrounding gopher football. I don't like when people talk about being butt hurt about Wisconsin but it isn't my job to say that is off limits. Get over it dude

There would be another big advantage to reducing the discussion here about the past performances of Mason and Brewster. We could hear more about how the problems with Minnesota football all stem from women's athletics and Pam Burton.

I blame the weather. We need to petition the government to put heating coils EVERYWHERE in the cities. Send the bill to Obama. It'll create jobs, so he'll go for it. Also Mason was the worst coach ever, and global warming is a myth.

Eliminating the Mase/Brew obesession

would terminate about 30-40% of the postings on the Hole.

Great for some Holers, a tremendous loss for others including our favorite trolls.

I haven't really noticed that much talk about Mason vs Brewster since Stockholm Syndrome set in with the new regime.

Top Bottom