SuperPrep.com: Breaking Down Seantrel Henderson

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I don't like to make early predictions, but sometimes you just can tell that a kid is the best player in the country. I could tell Terrelle Pryor was the first time I saw him. If there is someone in this class of 2010 better than Seantrel Henderson I would be surprised.

Last year, I heard from several coaches in the college football world that there was a massive lineman in Minnesota that may be the best line prospect they have seen in the North since Orlando Pace.

That lineman is Cretin Derham Hall tackle Seantrel Henderson and after watching his film I am a believer. He is a breakdown I did on Henderson who may be the best prospect in the nation.

Body Position in Pass Pro:

Perfect symetry here, feet are shoulder width apart. Hands on thigh pads, elbows bent, not over extending past shoulders. Back vertical enough with butt down and knees bent. Head vertical with eyes forward. Outside foot lined up to instep of inside foot.

Technique in Pass Pro:

Perfect kick step to the slide. Upper body vertical with knees bent and feet moving. Places his hands up to chest level ready to deliver a punch. He engages the defender at arms length. He does not catch the defender, not does he over extend to reach him. Knees are bent and if you look at his feet they are still moving and are still in perfect placement toes to instep. He delivers his punch and get seperation then he regroups and collects his base and delivers next punch while maintaining his symetry and balance.

Football IQ:

The biggest area where I see offensive linemen in high school struggle is when the defensive linemen start running what we call "Game". All this means is when you see a lot of "X-Stunts" or "Cross-Fires". One play in this video sold me on how intelligent Seantrel Henderson is and it is when the opposing team runs an "X" stunt with the defensive end and defensive tackle. By basic rule blocking the defensive end is Henderson's man, as the defensive tackle is lined up on the guards outside shoulder.

The defensive end takes a reposition step and the defensive tackle slants down to Henderson. Hnderson did not chase the defensive end as most high school kids would. He stayed at home and picked up the defensive tackle slanting down to his inside and he did it without hesitation.

Run Blocking Positioning:

Again you see his feet perfectly aligned toes to instep. Knees are bent and his hand is down and not over extended out past his face. His butt is down and his back is about as flat as you could expect from a 6-foot-8 man. His head is up. Inside hand on his thigh. It is hard to see, but it looks like his fingers are bent inward. Ideally I like guys to be barely touching the ground with just the finger tips.

Run Blocking:

The first thing that I notice about Henderson and his run blocking ability is how quick his get off is. On almost every play he is the first player off the snap. He keeps his pad level low and delivers a perfect punch and engages. The impressive part is once Henderson knocks someone down and takes them out of the play he doesn't just lay on them like you see from a lot of kids. He continues to the second and third levels and hits anything that moves in an opposite colored jersey. When he does engage it is very rare to see anyone break free.

Athleticism:

If you have seen Seantrel Henderson play basketball then you know by watching him run the court that he is an athlete There is not much of a change when he is playing football other than the fact that he is carrying close to fifty pounds of equipment on his body.

Go Gophers!!

Awesome report, Bleed. Thanks for digging that out, hope we keep him home.

Go Gophers!

I don't like to make early predictions, but sometimes you just can tell that a kid is the best player in the country. I could tell Terrelle Pryor was the first time I saw him. If there is someone in this class of 2010 better than Seantrel Henderson I would be surprised.

Last year, I heard from several coaches in the college football world that there was a massive lineman in Minnesota that may be the best line prospect they have seen in the North since Orlando Pace.

interesting evaluation on seantrel...

the evaluator, however, must not have watched film of seantrel's final playoff game last november...as seantrel graded out with a 38% :eek::eek::eek: not even close to a passing grade :eek::eek::eek:

regardless...he will be playing on sunday's :D:D:D

Top Bottom