Super Bowl Tickets

GopherPoke

Reaction score
I just read the average price for tickets to the big game are over $10,000. Ten Thousand Dollars. What would it take for you to pay to see this game? What would it take for you to see any sporting event at this price? As for me, I just couldn't pull that trigger.

I also don't think I could ever justify the price of a Super Bowl ticket. At least not currently. I might try someday just to do it, but it would be a long long ways down the road. For football, I'd rather go to an NFC championship game personally. I feel like the atmosphere would be better.

The only event I'm paying $10,000 for is the gophers in a national championship game. If the Vikings made the super bowl I'd pay about $1,000.

I would pay double that for the pro bowl.
HA!!! They offered me the opportunity to buy tickets for that shitshow a while back, before they went on sale to the public for being a Raiders PSL holder; I politely passed.

I do have tickets for Thursday's East West Shrine game at Allegiant though; undecided if I'm going yet or not. Bought them months ago when it seemed like a lot better idea

I also don't think I could ever justify the price of a Super Bowl ticket. At least not currently. I might try someday just to do it, but it would be a long long ways down the road. For football, I'd rather go to an NFC championship game personally. I feel like the atmosphere would be better.
It's not even close. I've been to a number of playoff games, including the Mpls Miracle, and also been to the Super Bowl. Just a stale corporate atmosphere, too many people there who are not fans of either team, it's not electric at all.

Any NFL playoff game basically kicks the heck out of a SB for the most part, especially when you factor in the price tag.

Just a stale corporate atmosphere, too many people there who are not fans of either team, it's not electric at all.
!! I have always wondered why it has to be like this (not really, $$$), but they've obviously priced the true team fan out of this game and they're okay with doing so. Shows where their priorities are for sure.

I attended the 2014 ASG with my son. The best money I've ever spent, or close. Wasn't cheap, but 3 days of events for one price. If you love baseball, it's not a horrible deal.

I paid $250 (which was face value) for Caps/ Golden Knights Stanley Cup Standing Room ticket, Game 2. I thought that was border line nuts, especially with no rooting interest beyond cheering for the underdog (plus a little parlay), when I had as much fun Game 1 watching the game outside on their plaza for free on big screen TVs with several other fans.

I guess for a Super Bowl with 2 teams I don't really care about, $500 would be as high as I would go. Vikings, $2000 would be about my limit.

I saw the Texas Tech/Virginia Final 4 game and got in for less than $200, decent seat on the club level even with the baseline. That seems like a steal, relatively speaking. Plus it went OT. Free hoops.

I paid $250 (which was face value) for Caps/ Golden Knights Stanley Cup Standing Room ticket, Game 2. I thought that was border line nuts, especially with no rooting interest beyond cheering for the underdog (plus a little parlay), when I had as much fun Game 1 watching the game outside on their plaza for free on big screen TVs with several other fans.
I paid $20 per ticket (face value) for North Stars vs. Penguins 1991 Stanley Cup finals games. Last row on the blue line at Met Center, which wasn't that far from the ice in that building.

I was listening to Al Shaver on the radio. He announced between periods of a semi-final game against the Oilers that tickets for the finals were now on sale at the arena. I drove there, got in line, picked up 4 tickets for all three games, and just walked in and watched the rest of the Edmonton game.

!! I have always wondered why it has to be like this (not really, $$$), but they've obviously priced the true team fan out of this game and they're okay with doing so. Shows where their priorities are for sure.
Sitting in close proximity of me at US Bank for the Patriots-Eagles Super Bowl were 2 Patriot fans, 8 Vikings fans who were able to buy tickets as Vikes PSL holders, 4 Packer fans, a family of 4 Eagles fans, and 5-6 guys sitting in front of me who were dressed business casual who were 49ers fans from San Francisco.

But a conference Divisional game (or even Wildcard game) that goes down to the wire? Nothing like it. Absolutely nothing like it. Watching Larry Fitzgerald send Aaron Rodgers and the Packers home losers in Overtime, walking out of the stadium with the entire stadium chanting "LAR-RY!! LAR-RY!!! LAR-RY!!!" was just incredible, and of course the Mpls Miracle.

Sitting in close proximity of me at US Bank for the Patriots-Eagles Super Bowl were 2 Patriot fans, 8 Vikings fans who were able to buy tickets as Vikes PSL holders, 4 Packer fans, a family of 4 Eagles fans, and 5-6 guys sitting in front of me who were dressed business casual who were 49ers fans from San Francisco.

But a conference Divisional game (or even Wildcard game) that goes down to the wire? Nothing like it. Absolutely nothing like it. Watching Larry Fitzgerald send Aaron Rodgers and the Packers home losers in Overtime, walking out of the stadium with the entire stadium chanting "LAR-RY!! LAR-RY!!! LAR-RY!!!" was just incredible, and of course the Mpls Miracle.
I bet those are great experiences. Side note: I have friends who attended that SB and they had a member of their pregame party walk into the stadium with no ticket with very little effort to elude security. Watched the whole game once past the initial sneak. Crazy!

If the Vikings ever make it to a Super Bowl in my lifetime, I would almost rather not be at the game regardless of the price. I would rather enjoy that experience with my family and friends. Maybe if tickets were under $500 or something but that would probably be nosebleed seats which wouldn't be a good experience.

Now if it was a World Series game, that would be different IMO.

Go Gophers!!
This feels pretty typical. What's new is that the prices after championship sunday are ballooning way higher than before. I'm not convinced many people are actually buying at those prices, but I could be wrong. $3800 to get in the door is still alot, but I'm sure that price is 20-40% lower outside of California.

Top Bottom