Sunday Q & A: Gophers AD Norwood Teague

Q The facility upgrade plan was unveiled eight months ago. What can you tell me about progress at this point?

A We feel very good about the progress we’ve been making. You always want to move as quickly as possible, but the truth is there are many steps in the process to ensure you’re doing it right. ... We’ve been continuing our efforts to make our dollars go further and build a series of athletic facilities for our student-athletes that won’t disrupt their training and development during construction. At the same time, we’ve been conducting the comprehensive fundraising feasibility study you’ve heard me speak of to better understand what is possible in the time frames we’ve set.

Q I’ve heard whispers that T. Denny Sanford might be back in the fundraising picture despite earlier reports to the contrary. Any truth to that?

A We’ve never identified anyone as being in or out of our fundraising efforts. Fundraising and friend-raising are based on long-term relationships with university supporters who want to make a real difference for the student-athletes and the school, and those relationships are what we are currently building in the athletics department.

Go Gophers!!

What a pointless interview. He says nothing. Time to put up. Northwestern is preparing to break ground on their new center and we still haven't announced anything other than a wish list and a decision to discuss a plan to make a plan for the possibility of fundraising.

It is getting really tiring listening to Teague talk about the "progress" of the facilities.

What a pointless interview. He says nothing. Time to put up. Northwestern is preparing to break ground on their new center and we still haven't announced anything other than a wish list and a decision to discuss a plan to make a plan for the possibility of fundraising.

It is getting really tiring listening to Teague talk about the "progress" of the facilities.

Please, fellas. Northwestern announced the final approved design and their fundraising plan on September 15, 2012. It took 18 months from that date to even proceed. If you want to compare this to rapidly moving Northwestern, go right ahead. Under their plan, we should get things underway in a couple of years.

Please, fellas. Northwestern announced the final approved design and their fundraising plan on September 15, 2012. It took 18 months from that date to even proceed. If you want to compare this to rapidly moving Northwestern, go right ahead. Under their plan, we should get things underway in a couple of years.

Good point Hwy. Let's just hold off on the criticism until we know some facts.

They will announce something as soon as they have a lead donor and some additional heavy hitters. The ideal situation is to announce when you have commitments for 30-50% of your goal. It generates additional momentum.

They will announce something as soon as they have a lead donor and some additional heavy hitters. The ideal situation is to announce when you have commitments for 30-50% of your goal. It generates additional momentum.

You got it.

I'm curious if the people that complain Norwood doesn't provide them enough information are the same people that complained that Joel said too much and didn't know when to shut up.

If you want the inside information, donate a large sum of money...I bet you'd get some info.

Oh what will Gopherhole be without our usual moaners, and whiners...

Heck, that is pure entertainment!

The Sanford Center has a nice ring to it. Just saying.

People in Bemidji think so too

w110-10121-000hf-6.jpg

People in Bemidji think so too

w110-10121-000hf-6.jpg

Except that place was 100% paid for by tax dollars. Like St. Cloud's arena, Duluth's arena, Mankato St.'s arena. Bemidji gets gravy money from the naming rights.

I have been in the Alumni Assoc. for 50 years & no one has ever contacted me to raise funds for athletics. How about 5,000 donors giving $1,000 each and there is $5,000,000. Obviously you need the big hitters, but get us involved, too

I have been in the Alumni Assoc. for 50 years & no one has ever contacted me to raise funds for athletics. How about 5,000 donors giving $1,000 each and there is $5,000,000. Obviously you need the big hitters, but get us involved, too

Seriously? I get probably 4 phone calls per year hitting me up for money for athletics. Plus mailings for money from athletics and alumni groups.

Maybe time to update your contact info! haha

This is why we fail. The phone has a dial and a mouthpiece.

Golden Gopher Fund
275 Bierman Field Athletics Building
516 15th Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Phone: 612-626-GOLD (4653)
Fax: 612-624-8056

If you don't want to talk to an actual person, go to Golden Gopher Fund. There are dozens of ways to donate.

Email: [email protected]

Staff Contacts This is everyone that you need to know.

I'm in pharmacygopher's shoes as well. I get called 2-3 times a year for donating to the Golden Gopher Athletic Fund, and 1-2 a year for CSE (college of science and engineering), and I'm by no means a 'big donor'. Just a regular one.
They are always very friendly, and not pushy in the least.

Highway has it right though - if you are interested in donating, don't wait to be asked, DO IT. The U makes it pretty easy.

I get calls from Augsburg College two times a year. They told me they will be the 16th team in the Big Ten.

I get calls from Augsburg College two times a year. They told me they will be the 16th team in the Big Ten.

You should tell Sid so he can report the news. I did not know that.

Seriously? I get probably 4 phone calls per year hitting me up for money for athletics. Plus mailings for money from athletics and alumni groups.

Maybe time to update your contact info! haha

I'm not even an Alum just a STH. I got a call Tuesday night thanking me for my donations to the U and asking for another $600.

Top Bottom