Sun Country has added flights to Phoenix.

One poor experience or a bunch of them?
None personally. I just think the way they handled the situation where they stranded people in Mexico was inexcusable. They’ll never get another dollar of my money.

Reactions: JWG

Is it normal Sun Country pricing where you have to pay extra for a carry on, checked bag, seat selection?

Think they went the "no frills" route back in 2017.

Last edited:

None personally. I just think the way they handled the situation where they stranded people in Mexico was inexcusable. They’ll never get another dollar of my money.
Guess I never heard this story.

If I were to go I’d do a flight in game day, out the next day.

Sun Country sucks. I would rather overpay for a major airline at least they are up front with how they bend you over a barrel. Sun Country was mediocre before they tried to out Spirit Spirit Airlines but now I wouldn't fly them unless it was free.

Not that anyone cares but my issue was their response. They just kind of threw up their hands and said "sorry, crap happens. Not our problem".

Not that anyone cares but my issue was their response. They just kind of threw up their hands and said "sorry, crap happens. Not our problem".
Oh no doubt. It was awful. That's the problem with the refund as the only response. You can't buy last-minute tickets for anywhere near what they likely paid. So their decision cost people several hundreds of dollars minimum.

Last time I was in Mexico they cancelled the flight of some people we ran into from UND. Forced them to buy tickets on Delta to come home because it was the only other option. Cost them a lot of money and I believe forced them to stay an extra day.

Lol… I flew Delta to Vegas must of not been sitting in the frills section?? I was not in first class but right below that… sitting where I was the upgrade was not free $$. Flight late… Delta screwed over many Minnesota Northwest employees but I still on occasion fly them… it’s what works best for me at the time I am going to fly

Lol… I flew Delta to Vegas must of not been sitting in the frills section?? I was not in first class but right below that… sitting where I was the upgrade was not free $$. Flight late… Delta screwed over many Minnesota Northwest employees but I still on occasion fly them… it’s what works best for me at the time I am going to fly
I’ve had good luck with Delta personally.

I’ve tried the “cheaper “ options and found them to at times not be cheaper… or by much. But always feel like a cheaper option.

Can’t argue it’s a valid point . I just really like the terminal SC has tons of people to check you lines move fast. I got dropped off one time checked in went through security and at my gate in 9 minutes.. once I am on the flight as long as I have my window I don’t care if I get a beer or croissant… good to have options

I used to enjoy Sun Country when they were pretty much a regular airline. Once they got rid of First Class and went the Spirit route and nickel & dime for everything, I have avoided it despite the benefits of terminal 2.

This move by Delta really bugs me.

Not that I fly a ton, but usually enough to get a freebie every 3 years of so.

This move by Delta really bugs me.

Not that I fly a ton, but usually enough to get a freebie every 3 years of so.
Meh, I didn't have a problem with this one.

Admittedly, I've never booked basic economy in my life. But am pretty sure the average person who books basic economy isn't collecting much in the way of Skymiles.

Every airline has shortcomings and has stripped down customer service and added so many fees that the flying experience is basically unrecognizable compared to 15, 10, or even 5 years ago. I've flown Sun Country several times and always had a pleasant experience...same with other low-cost carriers like Allegiant, Alaskan, Ryan (in Europe), etc. Never flown Spirit, but I fly AA and DL often and besides the ability to bring a "free" carry on bag (built into the ticket price), select a seat (typically far back of the plane) and receive a free soda and pretzels, I don't see much difference between them and low-cost choices as far as service and comfort.

Back to the OP, thanks for notifying everyone and I hope some local folks take advantage of these extra flights!

Every airline has shortcomings and has stripped down customer service and added so many fees that the flying experience is basically unrecognizable compared to 15, 10, or even 5 years ago. I've flown Sun Country several times and always had a pleasant experience...same with other low-cost carriers like Allegiant, Alaskan, Ryan (in Europe), etc. Never flown Spirit, but I fly AA and DL often and besides the ability to bring a "free" carry on bag (built into the ticket price), select a seat (typically far back of the plane) and receive a free soda and pretzels, I don't see much difference between them and low-cost choices as far as service and comfort.

Back to the OP, thanks for notifying everyone and I hope some local folks take advantage of these extra flights!

Except for Southwest. The experience and the fees are the same as they were 5-10 years ago. Sure, they've dealt with delays and cancelations due to COVID, but the premise of the airline has not changed.

Top Bottom