Sun Country flights delayed, hope fans get to AZ safely

Hey now, I actually kind of like Sun Country; flying into Humphrey instead of that f'ng Lindbergh terminal is worth it for me. I just wish SC hadn't dumped their first class seats a year or two ago. They always had super reasonable first class.

As far as this recent SC hiccup, my buddy's son (staying in my house while going to school) and his GF flew in here last night from MSP and while their flight was about 3.5 hours late getting out, they did get here.
I'm crabby... I am still waiting for my flight back home. Gonna be almost 4 hours late. That's after the issue this morning. Just tired and want this trip over lol. My flight out of Mpls was late 3 hours...

Typically, one experience shouldn't register hate.
If a customer service experience is epically bad, sure it can. Depends on how the company handles it. We had a potentially bad experience with Delta this fall but they took care of us. Don't know if Sun Country does that.

slightly off-topic, but I saw a tweet from Phil Mackey recently. He and his wife were trying to get a plane out of Vegas, and there was a problem with the airline. The airline was offering customers $800 to give up their seats and take a later flight.

Now, for me, that is a no-brainer. for $800, I will gladly sit around the airport for a few hours. I realize it all depends on when you need to reach your destination. But, unless you are really well-off, it's hard to say no to $800.

slightly off-topic, but I saw a tweet from Phil Mackey recently. He and his wife were trying to get a plane out of Vegas, and there was a problem with the airline. The airline was offering customers $800 to give up their seats and take a later flight.

Now, for me, that is a no-brainer. for $800, I will gladly sit around the airport for a few hours. I realize it all depends on when you need to reach your destination. But, unless you are really well-off, it's hard to say no to $800.

I once took a later flight from Paris to Chicago for $500, a pocket translator, ring, rolex and a pair of dangly earrings.

Capture.PNG

Depending how long your delay was you could have gotten 400% dont know how much your ticket was but $800 sounds like 400%

If a customer service experience is epically bad, sure it can. Depends on how the company handles it. We had a potentially bad experience with Delta this fall but they took care of us. Don't know if Sun Country does that.
I had a bad experience with a customer service rep with Delta a few years ago. It irritated me enough to write to email them and they treated me well. Every organization has bad apples. I've never had a bad experience with Sun Country, but I haven't flown in a while.

$800 in fare credit, not $800 cash. Pre-COVID I traveled for work weekly. I haven't paid for my own flight for along time. $800 fare credit is next to worthless (to me).

Hey now, I actually kind of like Sun Country; flying into Humphrey instead of that f'ng Lindbergh terminal is worth it for me. I just wish SC hadn't dumped their first class seats a year or two ago. They always had super reasonable first class.

As far as this recent SC hiccup, my buddy's son (staying in my house while going to school) and his GF flew in here last night from MSP and while their flight was about 3.5 hours late getting out, they did get here.
I take it you don't fly much huh?

I once took a later flight from Paris to Chicago for $500, a pocket translator, ring, rolex and a pair of dangly earrings.

giphy.gif

"Sun Country halts flights for data-system fix, second day of disruptions at MSP

Sun Country Airlines canceled more flights Tuesday afternoon while a technology partner worked to fix a network-system problem that disrupted the airline and hundreds of passengers a day earlier.
The Minneapolis-based airline announced a "pause" to its operations shortly before 1 p.m. so that its third-party supplier could install a software upgrade to fix the original problem, which forced Sun Country to cancel its first bank of flights Monday morning and delayed nearly the entire rest of its schedule.

Sun Country said the pause on Tuesday afternoon "requires us to cancel seven out and back departures at our Minneapolis-St. Paul hub.

In a statement posted on its website, the airline said, "We recognize that this news is unwelcome and disruptive to our passengers and their loved ones and apologize sincerely for the necessity of this action."
Sun Country hasn't publicly identified the technology vendor at the center of the disruption to its operations. It has only said the firm also works with other airlines..

"Sun Country halts flights for data-system fix, second day of disruptions at MSP

Sun Country Airlines canceled more flights Tuesday afternoon while a technology partner worked to fix a network-system problem that disrupted the airline and hundreds of passengers a day earlier.
The Minneapolis-based airline announced a "pause" to its operations shortly before 1 p.m. so that its third-party supplier could install a software upgrade to fix the original problem, which forced Sun Country to cancel its first bank of flights Monday morning and delayed nearly the entire rest of its schedule.

Sun Country said the pause on Tuesday afternoon "requires us to cancel seven out and back departures at our Minneapolis-St. Paul hub.

In a statement posted on its website, the airline said, "We recognize that this news is unwelcome and disruptive to our passengers and their loved ones and apologize sincerely for the necessity of this action."
Sun Country hasn't publicly identified the technology vendor at the center of the disruption to its operations. It has only said the firm also works with other airlines..

Curious to hear what they are doing for the people that are screwed over by this.

$800 in fare credit, not $800 cash. Pre-COVID I traveled for work weekly. I haven't paid for my own flight for along time. $800 fare credit is next to worthless (to me).
I took a later flight this summer on Delta for $500. I got to choose fare credit or gift card to one of many places. I chose Amazon, as good as cash.

I take it you don't fly much huh?
Ugghhh.. Thankfully not nearly as much as I used to just a few years ago. At least now, the 8-10 times I have to fly per year is almost always for my own agenda.

As far as taking the bump for flight credit, I've actually not had that happen a lot, but it did in November for a connector flight into Aberdeen (of all places). They offered $500 each, I looked at the wife and the difference of getting into Aberdeen at 3pm vs 5pm was nothing (the flight was already almost an hour late anyway).

I have to ask, at what point in the negotiation does it become; "the $500, the translator, the ring and Rolex are all nice, but I'm going to have to have those earrings"?

Home Alone, my dude.

(although she only made it to Dallas on that flight, then later Scranton, PA, where she meets the head of traveling polka band played by John Candy who rent a van to drive to Milwaukee and agree to drop her off in Chicago) :D

Top Bottom